• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

3D print files accurracy

levipeterson79

another seller has released 3D print files for the acolyte!! im thinking about doing this instead of nihilus XD can some one take a quick peak at the files? i feel like they are good and accurate but just want a second opinion before i pull the trigger!

EDIT: also for lightsaber, does it have to be the in game model or are custom ones allowed?

https://www.etsy.com/listing/636163864/swotr-sith-eradicator-armour-files-diy?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=sith acolyte&ref=sr_gallery-2-8&organic_search_click=1

These look like a similar build to the ones that Mynock's Den designed and built, namely, the back of the mask/headplate. 

While the files look alright, the kicker would be the finishing and proportions that they are printed in. I'm also slightly curious is these are, in fact, Mynocks and were ripped off, as his design he did for the back of the mask/headplate is purely his own thing.

if anything id reckon this guy took inspiration from myknocks designs, these ones are alot....slimmer looking i guess? some of the details dont look as pronounced! and danggit i was all hyped to use the jedi design :p haha also, in the CRL it says "any sith style lightsaber" does that mean the in game model used by the acolytes or are custom designs allowed?

1 hour ago, levipeterson79 said:

if anything id reckon this guy took inspiration from myknocks designs, these ones are alot....slimmer looking i guess? some of the details dont look as pronounced! and danggit i was all hyped to use the jedi design :p haha also, in the CRL it says "any sith style lightsaber" does that mean the in game model used by the acolytes or are custom designs allowed?

So long as it is a style obtainable by a DS user in SWTOR, I'm good with allowing it outside of the actual acolyte hilt.

Fun fact, did you know the Acolyte is mis-named and is actually the name of the weak cloth-wearing trainees at the temple on Korriban when you first start?

25 minutes ago, levipeterson79 said:

really?? what are these guys and gals supposed to be called?

They never got an official name when the CRL was made, but they are Sith Warriors, specifically Juggernauts as they wield only one saber.

do you will buy the models?

On 10/11/2018 at 12:33 AM, levipeterson79 said:

another seller has released 3D print files for the acolyte!! im thinking about doing this instead of nihilus XD can some one take a quick peak at the files? i feel like they are good and accurate but just want a second opinion before i pull the trigger!

EDIT: also for lightsaber, does it have to be the in game model or are custom ones allowed?

https://www.etsy.com/listing/636163864/swotr-sith-eradicator-armour-files-diy?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=sith acolyte&ref=sr_gallery-2-8&organic_search_click=1

On 10/20/2018 at 7:00 PM, levipeterson79 said:

what is the coverage needed for the chest armour?? it looks like from the ribs to the top of the pecs but just need to doube check!

For the, "boob plates" they cover from the collarbone down to the bottom of the pecs, and then the rib cage section to follow the bottom of the ribs.

On 10/15/2018 at 10:29 AM, levipeterson79 said:

i think i am!! gonna have my printer working over time XD

I was curious if you ended up getting the files.  If so, have you started printing anything?

inhave very limited experience working with 3d printed materials— just my FOTK blaster— but I’m looking forward to seeing how it works for you!