• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Xanatos

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hello everyone!

I am researching a character from the Jedi Apprentice book series and the Jedi Quest book series. It is Xanatos, padawan learner to Qui-Gon Jinn before Obi-Wan Kenobi. I have tracked two visual references to Xanatos in the Jedi Apprentice book series and the Jedi Academy Training Manual. I found he has a mention only in the Jedi Quest book series. He may appear in the comic series, but a quick reference to wookipedia doesn't show an association with any SW comic series.

The robes could be simple Jedi style tunic, tabards and belt, but all in black with a full black robe as depicted in the Jedi Academy Training Manual. He apparently carries a red saber. Along with an identifying scar under his right eye, he is rather boring. I feel like it would be a good costume for a simple troop handler while still remaining 501st.

Can anyone help with another reference to Xanatos for possible reference for approval of the costume for the 501st?

The two references that you mentioned are the only two that I know of at this point. I'll keep an eye out for additional references, but he hasn't played a very big role in the Star Wars universe, so that might be all there is so far.

Good luck,

Pam :-)

Good evening,

Xanatos_JATM.jpg

The term Bathrobe Sith comes to mind when viewing the two images of Xanatos.

I would in fact, be vexed to find any distinction from the nameless and dreaded black-hooded halloween costume/store-bought sabre combo and the "design" of Xanatos.

You might find three references for this look. But I am still not convinced that such a "costume" would be a fair match with the effort or appearance of any other 501st costume. And that concerns me. Before The Flagship Eclipse was formed, I fielded complaints about low standards for EU costumes. The generic Bathrobe Sith was often top of the list of complaints. I will not casually endorse that look without an extraordinary costume to champion it.

501st or no, it would be possible to "own" this costume, this character. Take it far beyond a generic black robe and fx vader sabre. Define what the character would actually wear under the robe.

Be well,

Thomas

Guest Daritha
The term Bathrobe Sith comes to mind when viewing the two images of Xanatos.
You're not the only one. The images are not such good. Only on this pic we can even see that he wear boots.

Xanatos.jpg

But since Xanatos personally appears in the "Jedi Apprentice" series you could look up the novels The Uncertain Path, The Captive Temple, and The Day of Reckoning. There could be a description of what the guy wears under those robes (if even).

And at least, Buckshot, you have already one other Xanatos. And a Gargoyles costume would be cool. ;)

Xanatos-1.jpg