Lord Darth Revan

Visas Marr build help

Hello all. I’m looking for help with a Visas Marr build for my girlfriend. We are looking for vendors and anything else anyone can provide. Any help would be great. 

Thanks!

On 6/9/2018 at 6:37 PM, Lord Darth Revan said:

Hello all. I’m looking for help with a Visas Marr build for my girlfriend. We are looking for vendors and anything else anyone can provide. Any help would be great. 

Thanks!

From what I can tell, everyone made their own stuff. The only thing you might be able to find from an existing vendor is the lightsaber hilt. The rest is included in folk's WIPs.

Not sure which version you are looking to do, but the galleries do have quite a bit of good references, including the actual pattern that you'll have to apply for the fabric. 

http://www.theflagshipeclipse.com/forums/index.php?/gallery/category/40-visas-marr-kotor-ii/

http://www.theflagshipeclipse.com/forums/index.php?/gallery/category/41-visas-marr-unseen-unheard/

I would 100% look through some of the WIPs to figure out sizes for the pattern and dimensions for the block of fabric that you'll need to apply it to so that you don't get weird seams through the patterns from having to Frankenstein more fabric on!

9 hours ago, Lord Darth Revan said:

What kind of material did you use for the burgundy under dress?

I used crepe-backed satin (matte side out) for one dress and Kona quilting cotton for another. It really just depends on what you can find in the right color, but just make sure it’s not shiny. 

I used some cotton like fabric (not pure cotton), light /medium material, and very nice to wear. I trooped outside with 32 ° Celsius, no clouds, and it was still OK. Since you have to use the same fabric for the veil, make sure you can see through it, and that the eyes are not visible from the outside. If the costume is worn for some hours, it's very useful to see as much as possible. Take some fabric which doesn't crease too much.

Edited by Daya

I used a nice cotton fabric, which is a bit to the heavy side for a nice drape and for the veil to stay in place in windy weather - I was so lucky to find a tulle in the same color, which I layed double to use before my eyes. With the golden hot iron on vinyl pattern on, you can´t tell there is a diffence in the fabric ;-) 

3 hours ago, Lord Darth Revan said:

is the entire vale a different material or just Part of it? That may be a dumb question. 

Some folks use a sheer fabric only on the part covered by the gold pattern to make it easier to see. The rest is the same fabric as the main dress.

If you do that route, make sure it is color/matched and you can't directly see the eyes.