• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Names Called While Trooping

Mitthrawnuruodo

Since none of us are Stormtroopers or Darth Vader (even though I know I've been called Vader just as many times as many of you have) we all have been called the wrong name at events by fans.

I've started this discussion on many other detachments and it's always fun to see what others get called.

Please share your stories!

• Like 1

Some of my favorites I've gotten as Darth Nihilus:
Darth Maul (no real shock there)
Thor (no clue how the kid came up with that one)
Mulan (dad was possibly drunk, or raciest, or both...)
And today I heard this story from one of my local troopers talking to a little girl dressed as a stormtrooper - "Well, I'm going to go over there and talk to Darth Vader with the skeleton face ...bye!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I've been called these things:

Darth Maul (this more than anything)

Darth Vader (got called this once while riding on a float in a parade, while standing next to Darth Vader)

Darth Revan (this one shocked me, if you know who Revan is, how do you not know who Nihilus is?  More importantly how do you get the two mixed up?)

The guy from scream (this one made me laugh)

Boba Fett (not sure how they thought that)

About one person per troop actually knows who I am, though at least most little kids come up to me and ask who I am.

One troop a kid even went around and got autographs from all of us.

If its a Black Costume, Darth Vader is the number one mistaken name used.

In my Starkiller hoth, I don't get names, I get questions "Who the hell are you?"

In my Jawa, I get called a Tusken Raider.

In my Malakili, again no names, just the reply that "that is probably the most comfortable costume in all of Star Wars". When outside in the hot sun, "That is the Smartest Costume"!

Not trooped in my Garindan yet, but I will find out next week what comments I get in that costume.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As Revan I get
Kylo Ren and then told I have the wrong saber.
Non canon kylo
Vader
Nobody in a proper costume
Muslim (normally by the older generation)

Best one though is when I get called the grim reaper.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Kylo Ren is the name I am called the most in my Revan costume.

Yesterday was my first time being called Darth Vader, and one guy asked me "How are those daddy issues Kylo?" until I turned around and he quickly backtracked to Revan

On 6/27/2018 at 3:15 AM, Mitthrawnuruodo said:

Kitty is a pretty common thing for Nihilus, I've gotten it a lot, and so have many other Nihilus I know.

My friend also gets called Kabuki like the guy from Big Hero 6.

• Haha 1

As the Sith Stalker...

Most commonly as above... "who are you?"

But I have been called a "Transformer" :D:D:D:D 

having said that though... twice I have had children, both around 10-12, actually tell me who I was... I was astounded!!! 

Needless to say they got the biggest high fives and lots of praise from me :) 

As Darth Revan, I get Darth Vader sometimes (makes no sense) Kylo Ren all the time (makes a bit more sense but still) and then of course I get the random one person per troop or so who knows who Revan is. That last person always makes me happy