• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Help for Mara!

Aizenoso

Hello, after my presentation, here I come asking for the info for Mara Jade for my friend!

She has already a cosplay of Mara Jade, not a 501st but I think she looks good!  Here you have a few pictures of her with her costume!
3xWieeX.jpg
Qejh1y1.jpg?1

The primary problem we have, are the shin and knee guards...we have been looking for a while on sites about which ones could be aprovable, after looking at some posts of this forum, I have seen a couple which are not really expensive...

I have seen these ones...are they ok? You know...cutting off the top part
 b5pifAt.png 

The other option are the foam+worbla shin and knee guards from the tutorial made by @eliste ... are those actually ok for joining the 501st? Just asking, not bad mood! Don't misunderstand my question!

So, I hope you can help ups (her) improving her costume to join us!! 

Thanks you all for your time!!

Edited by Aizenoso

Worbla and foam work for the 501st, at least I’ve been approved with them!

You might be best off checking on the shin guards with your local GML as they’ll have the final say. You’ll likely need to get the red off the knees as well.

On her overall costume, I don’t see the harness? She will need that for approval, and there may need to be changes to the belt to meet the CRL. Unfortunately no belt in SW has a standard buckle like the one you see on your friend’s.

Good luck! Always great to see more Mara Jades.

Yeah! She has no harness at the moment, and the belt will be made matching the CRL style, both of them! 

Unfortunately, our local GML has really few idea, actually he/she told us that if we had something, he/she would ask it on this forum, so...yep, not really much idea about Mara Jade's costume, but we'll chat with the GML before we start the job or we buy something!

Thank you very much Eliste, and very good tutorial by the way! 

Dark Side of the force bless you!

Another thing she'll need to update is her cape. To match the CRL for approval, the hem will need to end at the knees at the longest, have the hood removed, add the cape clasp, and be a couple shades darker. Twilek Pam on Etsy sells a fantastic cape clasp for a few bucks! 

https://www.etsy.com/listing/530387354/mara-jade-cape-clasp?ref=shop_home_active_17

If she wanted to do the Decipher style shin guards, she can go to her local army navy store and special order a pair if she can't find anything she likes online. The ones you posted above wouldn't be approved as is. The top part would definitely need to be cut off, the holes would need to be filled in, and the red triangle would need to be painted black. Of course, the worbla/foam method would work just as well as long as you follow the advice of these other ladies! I personally prefer not to use foam or worbla because Florida summers will soften it right up! :?

Edited by Aglarwen

Hello there! Here we have a few updates! shin guards and harness! 

I will post pictures of them when we arrive at home, but now we are wondering about the fabric for the cowl, the crl does not says anything about what kind of fabric it should be made of, just off-white, tan or black FABRIC.

Can someone guide us please?

Hello there! We are back, after a while...finally got everything and started the approval process with our GML, who i guess will ask to the detatchment!

Also, she will become redhead again soon

20180716_231403.jpg

20180716_231418.jpg

20180716_231457.jpg

20180716_231503.jpg

20180716_231517.jpg

20180716_231539.jpg

Edited by Aizenoso