• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

KOTOR Nihilus mask

Tags

Yes it looks like the right version for the KOTOR style - you can see the CRL here for the KOTOR : http://databank.501st.com/databank/File:Nihilus_KOTORII_mask.png

and for differences to the COFT version, which are more skull like and can not be used for KOTOR  : http://databank.501st.com/databank/File:SL_nihiuls_cotf_mask.jpeg

2 hours ago, Heavy1973 said:

It was only to show the difference in the two masks - sorry :-(

I just mean it's goOd to know this mask will work for KOTOR Nihilus. I may go whole hog and build two Nihilus.

2 hours ago, Heavy1973 said:

Oki  - many are not aware that the masks are different, but indeed, having both versions could be cool.

Yea I noticed the different when I looked closer...

I do love me some Nihilus... so worth bearing in mind.

Thankyou

Oki  - many are not aware that the masks are different, but indeed, having both versions could be cool.

It’s only been within the last year that the CRL changed and the mask portion was updated to reflect the different styles between the two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, DTCorvus said:

It’s only been within the last year that the CRL changed and the mask portion was updated to reflect the different styles between the two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I know - but many don´t check the CRL´s, so I try to inform people about the difference rather quickly in their buid.  :wink:

1 hour ago, kracker98 said:

The CRL should always be the first place you look, if you still have trouble then ask questions in the detachment.  That's what the costume mentors are here for :-)

Also, we are working to get them all updated correctly an accurately! We work with the LMOs, so when you have two teams that are swamped with to-do lists, things don't always go as quickly as planned/hoped for! 

But we are getting there, and our Mentors are DEFINITELY a great asset and tool to utilize regardless of CRLs as not every person is a cut and paste for each item!

Also, can you send me a link to where you can get this mask? The text is too small for me to read, but I want to add it to my list of makers for when I get asked where to get accurate KOTOR II masks.

On 5/31/2018 at 8:30 AM, DarthValkyria said:

Also, can you send me a link to where you can get this mask? The text is too small for me to read, but I want to add it to my list of makers for when I get asked where to get accurate KOTOR II masks.

Is this it? http://www.khrosnest.com/darth-nihilus-mask/

I'm looking to update mine to the correct KOTOR mask,  and I want to make sure I get the right one. I note it looks like the rest of his costume is COTF. 

On the main Khrosnest page there is a comment from August 2017.  I contacted them and they are not taking orders.  So I'm still on the hunt for another vendor. 

So... busy!

August 27, 2017

For the next short while I'll will not be selling any products while I work to build the studio. I find myself too busy lately to work on these projects and need to complete other more pressing projects before I can be in a position to reliably fulfill orders.

~Khro