• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

M's Seventh Sister WIP

mdwilson606

2 hours ago, mdwilson606 said:

"If it was easy, everyone would do it."

:-D

Too bad in this hobby the, "hard" aspect of it sometimes turns out to be just basic financial transaction malfunctions. Being ripped off shouldn't be a factor in the difficulty of making awesome costumes!

• Like 1

Exactly! Anthony offers his prop and costume services but tries to keep everything he sells to on-hand items. Taking commissions only when he is sure it can be produced by the clients due date. Sometimes life happens and things don't go the way they should. But he always maintains communication with the client so they know what is going on. 

Printed the buckle and greeblie. Then made a mold of the buttons and cast them in red resin. We will probably have to do some more finish work on these but wanted to see where they were at for the moment. 

vQA14yk.jpg?1

On 4/13/2018 at 8:23 PM, mdwilson606 said:

Making progress on the helmet. Had a small issues with bad STL files but managed to get them fixed and got back to printing today.

MkdCHqg.jpg

Hello my friend We want to print a 7th sister´s helmet, we are thinking to get the file here: www.cgtrader.com, do you know if its helmet approves 501st ?  please let me know

On 7/29/2018 at 1:37 PM, gabrielaevv said:

Hello my friend We want to print a 7th sister´s helmet, we are thinking to get the file here: www.cgtrader.com, do you know if its helmet approves 501st ?  please let me know

I'm told that is where we got our files from, but you will need to "fill-in" the eye openings for approval. Keep in mind the best person to ask is probably your GML. 

Here's a little update since it has been so long. We have decided to start the helmet over. After trying it on several times and looking at how it sits compared to the character on the show. We just couldn't ignore the fact that the helmet was too big. So a deal was made with a friend to trade the helmet so that Anthony could get his Tie PIlot helemt painted. And yesterday we started printing a new helmet that is 10% smaller. 

On 7/29/2018 at 11:37 AM, gabrielaevv said:

I'd have to see other angles of the helmet to say. There are definitely some that we are not accepting that are printed.

Will these work for shoes or do we need to find boots?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076VKMR6Z/?coliid=I3QQ01R1TRQPEZ&colid=2QVN8MLTRSH2M&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Edited by mdwilson606
  • Like 1

On 1/3/2019 at 10:15 AM, mdwilson606 said:

Boots are required for approval of this costume.

• Thanks 1

An update on the soft goods. We picked up a pattern that is actually really close to what is needed for 7S. After some trial an error, we don't do a bunch of sewing, the pants actually turned out quite fantastic. We should be tackling the jacket very soon. 

50015915_364594914341624_2420041095783120896_n.jpg

50493376_308950453083863_9001286167106158592_n.jpg

Anthony didn't like the bracers that came with the armor kit so we took some measurements and modeled up new ones and some greeblies to go on them. Also didn't like the look of the center to the back armor so he modeled that up as well and printed a piece that we will have to attache in place of what's there. Well once we cut out the original. Also did some more trimming of the armor overall even though we don't have a jacket yet, I just wore a sweatshirt as a stand-in so we can hopefully get this show moving along. 

50104959_525365787959326_181186760204615680_n.jpg

50458318_2130123607278600_2105702085885427712_n.jpg

50489428_613530562431522_7455680703183716352_n.jpg

Looking good! Nice new insert for the center back, too. Don't forget the little triangles if you're going for level 2 certification, though:

• The inner circle is bisected by a single vertical line with small triangular engravings at the lower edge. 

:)

On 1/18/2019 at 5:45 PM, TheLorelei said:

Looking good! Nice new insert for the center back, too. Don't forget the little triangles if you're going for level 2 certification, though:

• The inner circle is bisected by a single vertical line with small triangular engravings at the lower edge. 

:)

Anthony says we aren't going for anything more than Basic approval. 

On 6/25/2019 at 4:54 PM, DaygoErm said:

Where are you purchasing all the STL files? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Original files were purchased on CGTrader I believe. But then we have modified the files and then again the prints.

I'm told that is where we got our files from, but you will need to "fill-in" the eye openings for approval. Keep in mind the best person to ask is probably your GML. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk