• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Exiled Thrawn

Tiogar

Hello all! So currently I'm working on GA Thrawn and a version of him in olive drab. With the new comic coming out, I figure as long as I'm painting myself blue I'll go all out.

So I've got screen caps from the comic i'll post up, and what I've been playing with on the makeup.

I think I've got most of it figures out, just 2 big questions.

1. On the cover his pants have big cargo pockets...none on any inside panels, though.

2. What kind of boots are those?

Thoughts? 

Thanks all,

Jeremy 

4.JPG

3.JPG

Capture.JPG

5.JPG

2.JPG

For all curious parties why Jeremy is posting this WIP here:

He started it on the IOC boards and the General Consensus (salutes the general) was that since this version of Thrawn is before he's an officer this costume wouldn't be part of the IOC, he'd be a DZ.

So Flagship seemed like the more natural home for him over Krayt Clan or the new Underworld. 

That second panel looks to me like it also has the pockets.  At least there is a cargo pocket shaped bulge to the silhouette. That eye glow is an awesome effect by the way. Can you see with that going? As to the boots, those look like some pretty standard while chelsea boots to me. You can find them with while soles and with the elastic covered, but this is a cheap pair.

trooper-12-wpu.jpg

Edited by DarthCephalus

Yeah, the more I look at it, the more it needs pockets. lol  I've got a pair of khakis from an old job.  I think I can cut them off and have enough materiel to make the pockets.

I was also thinkging about getting a tan flight suit and cutting it up.  I'm going to have to do some tuskan level weathering either way.

I was looking at these boots:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bruno-Marc-Mens-Stone-02-Faux-Fur-Lining-Chelsea-Boots/272909793325?var=572098511724&hash=item3f8ab0f82d:g:ttsAAOSw3fZZ-O2w

https://www.amazon.com/Bruno-Urban-06-Suede-Leather-Chukka/dp/B06XTWFB11/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?_encoding=UTF8&dpID=41i6b8V5MqL&dpPl=1&keywords=tan ankle boots mens&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&qid=1519325999&ref=plSrch&ref_=mp_s_a_1_3&sr=8-3

30 minutes ago, DarthCephalus said:

That eye glow is an awesome effect by the way. Can you see with that going? 

Thanks. :) In good lighting, yes.  The darker it gets the harder it is, but the light is shinning across the eye rather than into it.  So it's not too bad even then.

6 minutes ago, DarthCephalus said:

funtasma also makes what they call a "pimp shoe" that looks a lot like this to me as well. I find it fun to think that Thrawn might wear pimp shoes.

pimp-50-wpu_large.jpg?v=1519079045

Lol...I just got the image of Thrawn coming in to "Shaft"

• Haha 1

Ignore the wrinkles..I'm in the process of distressing the fabric.  I'm going to take a file to the sole to create a heal, but other than that how does it look so far?  

Shirts and wig coming in this week...

t3.jpg

t4.jpg

On 2/22/2018 at 3:47 PM, Mitthrawnuruodo said:

For all curious parties why Jeremy is posting this WIP here:

He started it on the IOC boards and the General Consensus (salutes the general) was that since this version of Thrawn is before he's an officer this costume wouldn't be part of the IOC, he'd be a DZ.

So Flagship seemed like the more natural home for him over Krayt Clan or the new Underworld. 

We are very friendly here!

Pretty much any costume can use our forums for their WIP thread.

Which Det CRL list the costume ends up on in the end, will be up to the LMO and DL.

I have been following this thread with interest, shorts and a sleeveless shirt sure looks comfortable during the summer months! The glowing eyes are a cool thing as well.