• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Jessa's Eleena Daru build WIP

Jessa

Hey all, my name is Jess and I am from Outpost 42 New Zealand Garrison. Currently I have a Juno Eclipse Rogue Shadow and Stormtrooper commander.

I have started an Eleena Daru build from scratch and here is some WIP pictures. This is just the beginning am I hope to soon get a few more bits and bobs to make some more parts.

Lekku: I sculpted these with clay and am brushing on the latex. I added colour to the latex before brushing it on, I am then going to pull them off the sculpt after a few layers, flip them inside out so they are nice and smooth and then stuff them with pillow stuffing. I am not looking forward to gluing them to head, I think with Eleena Daru glue would absolutely be needed because her headband does not go all the way around the back of her head. Because of this I need to make sure the back of the head look good and not rough. 

C73C5dh.jpg

Fabric for the Jumpsuit:

I found some blue stretch fabric which is pretty good I think. It is a bit more blue than in the game but honestly the fabric that she really wears is impossible to find.

aCeJFCb.jpg

Black fabric for the legs and armour.

I have a sort of scuba material which I bought thinking it would be great, but after reading the CRL again I realised it needs to be sort of shiny, rubber like.

I found some really thin shiny leather-like material which could be good. Do you guys think this would be better than scuba?

1P71BDr.jpg

I will update this WIP when I do more. Please reply if you have any awesome ideas for any other parts.

Jess

Looks like a good start.

I also noticed you have a TK ID, but never requested 501st permissions in the forums, so I went ahead and upgraded your permissions for you.

When you have a TFE Det costume finished and accepted, don't forget to request for another upgrade to your permissions to TFE Det Mem!

Thanks heaps! 
Has anyone been able find gloves for Eleena? I've looked online and can't find anything suitable, I really don't want to have to make some. 
Hey! I found some long leather like gloves and cut them to size. You can find them on AliExpress and other online shops.
Sew the pocket on and use the excess fabric that you previously trimmed out to make the flap.
Can you give me updates on how you are going to do your armor, belt and detonators? Thank you :)

Enviado do meu HUAWEI VNS-L31 através do Tapatalk

Thanks heaps! 
Has anyone been able find gloves for Eleena? I've looked online and can't find anything suitable, I really don't want to have to make some. 
https://m.pt.aliexpress.com/item/32755386286.html?pid=808_0006_0109&spm=a2g0n.search-amp.list.32755386286

Enviado do meu HUAWEI VNS-L31 através do Tapatalk

So I decided my fabric was a bit too bright blue and started to look for something better. I found it at silktex. its an Australian website that send all over the world.

This fabric has more of the grey in it that I was looking for and it also is a tiny bit shiny like you see in the high res images of Eleena.

3SdsU0L.jpg

The new fabric is on the right and my old fabric is on the left. I ordered 2 meters, lets see if that is enough. 

Edited by Jessa