• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Darth Revan (WIP)

Kiltmafia

I've started my planning phase of my Darth Revan. I have a few questions before I start putting things together. First thanks to anyone and everyone that helps. Question 1: what are some recommendations for materials on the cape, caplet, and hood. I was originally looking at rhino canvas black fabric. I want it to be as authentic as possible. I'm not worried about weight or heat. Question 2: suggested gloves and boots. As I am making 90% of this costume gloves and boots aren't one of them. Lol. I'll be thinking of many other questions soon.  

20180125_151457-756x1008.jpg

20180125_151511-756x1008.jpg

20180125_151523-756x1008.jpg

Hello mate and welcome in the Revan Section :D

You seem to be planning your work way ahaead and that's great !

I personnaly used thick black cotton for the caplet, hood, and hakama. You can't really see it in the reference pisctures but the fabric seems smoother than rhino canvas. 

Concerning the boots and gloves, I ordered some on amazon and my boots are simple one from a regular shoe shop (hard to find decent neutral boots without a high heel ><)

I will follow your thread to see your progresses good luck =)

• Like 1

I am not sure what fabric mine is made of, but it has a satin-matte finish that mimics the reflections seen in the game pretty damn well!

I can ask my seamtress what we ended up using, but it was definitely a soft yet heavy fabric.

Thanks as soon as you find out what they used that would be great. I got my sewing machine the other day and about to order sintra for the armor. I'm ready to go.