• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Black Series Revan

TrKDD

Hello, everyone!

I've been lurking on these forums for quite sometime and decided to finally post a thread about the Revan I have been working on for about a year. I've been working on a Black Series Revan since Jan 2017. All rigid parts are made of 3mm PVC foam (sintra). Somethings that I still need to do: hood, adjust the split skirt, ribbed cuirass, the piping on the shirt by the collar, and I'm positive that I'm missing something else. I always notice that I'm missing something when I look at the references that I have.

Here's a current photo of the Black Series Revan kit (left). The photo on the right is an older photo with a small O-Ring. The pants in this photo as well are no longer being used and instead I'm using joggers pants to remove bagginess. Trying to make everything as slim as possible and avoid baggy areas where there shouldn't be any bagginess.

iYx5NeY.pngNTv6UJ5.png

On 2/5/2018 at 8:54 PM, DarthValkyria said:

I am digging this a lot! I would love to see other versions of Revan approved. Good job!

Thank you! Looking to put my application in once everything is fully finalized. I have also spoken with my local GML a little bit about this project.

2 hours ago, Jetfighter93 said:

Where did you get your kits from?? And do u habe fabric templates for the soft goods??

Majority of the stuff was hand made by me.

The fabric stuff was assembled by a friend of mine, so I don't physically have the patterns on hand, though I do plan to remake the soft goods in the future with my own patterns.

The hakama was an online purchase. I removed the usual attachment for the hakama and basically added suspenders to them to hold them up. 

The shirt is just a turtle neck with different sleeves that I sewed on. 

All the rigid armor pieces were made by me with templates that I have drafted and updated over the years: boots, gauntlets, hand plates, upper body armor (front and back), O-ring, belt detail, etc, etc.

I also made the mask.

39 minutes ago, Deathfett said:

Is the hakama more of a split dress or pants?

Hakama->wraps around legs to make pants
Split skirt->skirt panels that aren't attached in the front or back.

ALL Revan references are a split skirt, NOT a hakama.

On 5/14/2018 at 8:16 PM, Darth Cody said:

Just wanted to say this looks really good. How is it going on trying to get that version accepted?

Thank you! 

The approval process has been slow. Main reason I've been slacking on progress was because of school since my last post and my move next week.

The hood is practically done at this point. Just need to attach the hood to the armor and check if I'm missing anything from the references I have of the figure. I plan to add updated photos with everything put together.

Is the hakama more of a split dress or pants?

What DarthValkyria clarified. The hakama I have  (pictured) is a split type. However, the black series Revan doesn't have a split skirt but a non-split skirt/robe. This is something that I will have to change in the future along with the ribbed armor bridge.

Update:

Hood is finished. Gonna have to fix up the ends of the shoulder to make each side look even enough. Also going to add either a piece of velcro or a magnet to pull the hood back to make it lay properly. 

To do:

New red sash. Replacing the hakama since the skirt isn't split. Modify the armor bridge length between the abdominal and chest pieces. The wide gap is making my legs look short. And lastly, probably add more length to the vambraces/gauntlets.

imagejpeg_0(2).jpg