• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Starkiller HOTH ARMOR References (Ultimate)

Bogan

Since i decided to dive in the Starkiller Hoth Armor, iam very unhappy with the CRL. This defenitly need some Correction.

I found a lot of Things over the last Weeks. Marco Grandadino and Satya (Yankee71) pushed me in the right Direction.

Iam focused to the Missing or incomplet Things.

The best Way will be to put some new Reference Pictures in....

Overall:

ruKeoR0.png

Fge2MXp.jpg

FT1Ge9p.jpg

83xNJMB.jpg

jtDhCpU.png

xlkvssw.jpg

dsujCKj.png

gRsXkOm.png

9Fhxzqj.png

7Z89kPH.png

bmI3dNG.png

TyE2osP.png

d3DuB4k.png

yaALfRn.png

Neckpiece and Neckarmor:

9LJg3Kj.png

qNaHbMs.png

8o4QOj6.png

Codepece and Belt:

Er8aN32.png

GaGGcBO.png

Gloves and Claws:

QcPzDOX.jpg

hOMXOd7.jpg

BX5zFKP.png

MZoz2Oz.png

7fhoYvU.png

gKNGdrR.png

sMTr2CY.png

RurSiYm.png

tdOBwK2.png

vi8nRwG.png

FA2JWBh.png

cp9kZLb.png

mfOZ1sH.png

pr8HOfR.png

Taberts:

aSG9paA.jpgzlXcSRE.jpg

nOB3p7e.jpg

Nair45A.jpg

The Vest:

5g2uXcc.jpg

9FnfUfZ.jpg

qAMK0Y0.jpg

CnoXzdh.jpg

Backplate:

yj0lVDo.jpg

v3ly8ir.jpg

AHhqw4u.jpg

su2NPsm.jpg

EqHnEDO.jpg

and the most important missing Point! THE BOOTS:

zlqZh9W.png

rSXhNjo.png

GU1oSNP.jpg

1t4EIvI.png

USnjL0y.png

OHWWxVv.png

rPdmu19.jpg

4TciN7I.png

ferilIg.jpg

kVPUKiv.jpg

bh3dZIw.png

IMJ2Dag.png

KXKdoIt.png

OBykpTT.png

LlH3UOn.png

AIGjAwf.png

sCCozc4.png

TA9zUAs.jpg

7reNi4C.jpg

q0lr2oQ.png

5Set8GP.png

CtsplsP.png

PbMhEon.png

j0KKjvz.png

n0qgarX.png

zDrmqDK.png

iL7HRU4.png

NV478aL.png

aHbGNYx.png

1w5wvdE.png  nLzGza9.png

OLJOHwT.png

4Lt6Owt.png

Edited by Bogan

On 1/27/2018 at 8:53 PM, Bogan said:

Since i decided to dive in the Starkiller Hoth Armor, iam very unhappy with the CRL. THis defenetly need some Correction.

I found a lot of Things over the last Weeks. Satya (Yankee71) pushed me in the right Direction.

Iam focused to the Missing or incomplet Things.

The best Way will be to put some new Refernce Pictures in....

Overall:

ruKeoR0.png

Fge2MXp.jpg

FT1Ge9p.jpg

83xNJMB.jpg

jtDhCpU.png

xlkvssw.jpg

dsujCKj.png

gRsXkOm.png

Neckpiece and Neckarmor:

9LJg3Kj.png

qNaHbMs.png

Codepece and Belt:

Er8aN32.png

GaGGcBO.png

Gloves and Claws:

QcPzDOX.jpg

hOMXOd7.jpg

BX5zFKP.png

MZoz2Oz.png

7fhoYvU.png

gKNGdrR.png

sMTr2CY.png

RurSiYm.png

tdOBwK2.png

Taberts:

aSG9paA.jpgzlXcSRE.jpg

nOB3p7e.jpg

Nair45A.jpg

The Vest:

5g2uXcc.jpg

9FnfUfZ.jpg

qAMK0Y0.jpg

CnoXzdh.jpg

and the most important missing Point! THE BOOTS:

zlqZh9W.png

rSXhNjo.png

GU1oSNP.jpg

1t4EIvI.png

USnjL0y.png

OHWWxVv.png

rPdmu19.jpg

uPvOTOg.png

ferilIg.jpg

kVPUKiv.jpg

Sd2RtbL.png

2B6itoP.png

KXKdoIt.png

OBykpTT.png

LlH3UOn.png

AIGjAwf.png

sCCozc4.png

TA9zUAs.jpg

7reNi4C.jpg

A lot of these I've seen, but the boots have evaded me somehow?!?!?!  This was my biggest question, as I've complained about the CRL as well, but what do we use?  Now that there are better images of the boots (thanks to these reference photos) should we use these or the ones shown on the CRL?  If this is what we're supposed to use then it won't be that tough. 

Bogan, I have also updated my thread with some images of what I have done with the shoulder armor so far.

@Yankee71, thoughts?

Official Reference, before the CRL, is always the best advice I can give you.

What is in the current CRL we can call Lvl 1 for minimum standards for acceptance.

If you make your boots like those seen in the Reference pics, they would also be acceptable, call it lvl 2.

If you make lvl 2 boots, please include reference pics to your GML, proving that yours are like the reference, and there by, better than the CRL in its current form.

If your GML has any questions about this, I would be happy to talk to him or her about it, but in the end, It comes down to your GMLs decision is what counts.

So I would have a discussion with your GML about this costume and your intentions before getting boots that the GML may not approve.

You can also direct him to this post to see your pics and my comments, but in the end, it is still your GMLs decision.

The text portion of the CRL for this costume, I have rewritten. 1 LMO has blessed off on my work, I am currently waiting on a 2nd LMO to bless off on my work or make Edits before I can post it.

I will then be posting changes to this CRL Text. Then the Next portion will be getting better pics of each item to add to the CRL.

6 minutes ago, Yankee71 said:

Official Reference, before the CRL, is always the best advice I can give you.

What is in the current CRL we can call Lvl 1 for minimum standards for acceptance.

If you make your boots like those seen in the Reference pics, they would also be acceptable, call it lvl 2.

If you make lvl 2 boots, please include reference pics to your GML, proving that yours are like the reference, and there by, better than the CRL in its current form.

If your GML has any questions about this, I would be happy to talk to him or her about it, but in the end, It comes down to your GMLs decision is what counts.

So I would have a discussion with your GML about this costume and your intentions before getting boots that the GML may not approve.

You can also direct him to this post to see your pics and my comments, but in the end, it is still your GMLs decision.

The text portion of the CRL for this costume, I have rewritten. 1 LMO has blessed off on my work, I am currently waiting on a 2nd LMO to bless off on my work or make Edits before I can post it.

I will then be posting changes to this CRL Text. Then the Next portion will be getting better pics of each item to add to the CRL.

Perfect!  I had plans for the Lvl 1 crl, but after seeing these I like these a WHOLE lot more!  They seem relatively easier as well, as it seems like a cover with multiple straps that would velcro to the front (wrapping around the back of the calf), which would also help with the situation I'm suffering through (bigger calves due to farm work and such).  This is fantastic and I'm already brainstorming new plans :D 

I have the boots in the CRL, as I could not manage better at the time I made my costume.

I also have huge calves!

I ordered these boot off of Amazon or some where similar, then took them to a shoe repair shop and had them add more leather to either side of the zipper, now they fit perfect, and they only charged me $25 for the work on the boots.

20 hours ago, Yankee71 said:

I have the boots in the CRL, as I could not manage better at the time I made my costume.

I also have huge calves!

I ordered these boot off of Amazon or some where similar, then took them to a shoe repair shop and had them add more leather to either side of the zipper, now they fit perfect, and they only charged me $25 for the work on the boots.

I had to get boot expanders just to get the boots past my calf muscles... either way, they work and the new design I have come up with will also help hold the boots together more!  These reference photos are amazing!

The updated texted has been posted for this CRL today, take a look.

The old skirt and pic is still in there and needs to be removed, so look at the Skirt with no pic for the new info.

I will try to get pics taken of what pics are missing this weekend, but then they need to be worked on before they can be posted to accompany this CRL.

Let me know what you think.

19 minutes ago, Yankee71 said:

The updated texted has been posted for this CRL today, take a look.

The old skirt and pic is still in there and needs to be removed, so look at the Skirt with no pic for the new info.

I will try to get pics taken of what pics are missing this weekend, but then they need to be worked on before they can be posted to accompany this CRL.

Let me know what you think.

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar!  This is a GREAT CRL!!!!!!  Concrete with text that it makes it easier :)

Grazie, my friend!  Now onward to finish mine :D :tkdance: :tkdance::tkdance: 

Edited by btabc

On 4/23/2018 at 4:12 PM, Bogan said:

some more HD Pictures from the PC Version

gJE1LFY.png

fwTsVqj.png

sdsJctd.png

YO6P6t5.png

3wEqFz3.png

AjfNwmk.png

eaXulnN.png

iFrJYpz.png

BlAbkeA.png

YbmG60t.png

melObQC.png

zZ9h32U.png

GqhZFwl.png

UtCxIlC.png

88dBAbU.png

1MWSI6z.png

PC0OpYF.png

wBZNZPD.png

cSracX0.png

BJfEEN1.png

1qH4Wnp.png

3qkvQ1w.png

krKO93e.png

SXXUcBw.png

XziCa58.png

If you could add them to the gallery for him, that would be great! or email them to me and I can get them if the permissions don't allow.

http://www.theflagshipeclipse.com/forums/index.php?/gallery/category/34-starkiller-dark-lords-armor-hoth/