• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Traitor Barriss WIP

HI everybody this is my work in progress for my traitor Barriss. I am very excited to be building this so here's hope its amazing.  Here is a link to the flickr album where we will be posting all of my pics as I complete parts of this costume.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/107981530@N03/albums/72157691172929264

• Like 1

I just finished the write up for this CRL the other day, it has been submitted and is awaiting review and approval.

I will just share the write up for the shirt item, so you can reflect on what I wrote vs what you are making.

Keep in mind, this has still not been approved yet, so some things might be changed.

Three sections: center, torso, and arms.

Made of a black or very deep dark blue elastic fabric, that is form fitting.

Center section of the shirt is a lighter shade than the rest of the shirt.

Entire shirt is covered in horizontal lines or ribbing,

Spacing between the lines or ribbing, is larger in the center section, than the rest of the shirt.

Center section is somewhat rectangular, starting at the top of the breast bone, down to the belt line, and its sides left and right cross over the center of the breast.

Border around the center rectangle separates it from the rest of the shirt.

Neck of the shirt goes up under the head scarf.

Arms cover down to the wrist on the palm side, the back of the hand is partially covered.

I think it's a good start.  I'm sure you already know but the CRL itself won't be approved till someone has built the whole thing. I created the CRL for a clone and that's the way it was done then.   I've been putting together a CRL for this costume for my wife's build here.  As for color I'd say that the whole shirt is the same color across the whole thing.  Just the ribbing.  Although depending on lighting it can make it appear a slightly different shade.

As for CRL this is what I've some up with so far.  I hope this helps anyone trying to build it and I would love to discuss this build and the CRL with anyone interested.

1. Dark blue shirt.  Form fitting with horizontal ribs covering entire shirt. 

Vertical seam lines run from the wearers collar bones to base of the shirt.  

Sleeves come to a point on top of the hands

Head cowl to cover wearers hair and keep hair out of costumers face.  (Can be attached to shirt or separate piece)

2. Floor length skirt.  Dark Brown to black in color.  Skirt sits just above the hips and over the shirt

3.  2" wide brown leather belt with 2 belt loops on each hip.

Rectangular belt buckle with spiral accents along border and heart shaped center piece. 

Covertec lightsaber clip worn on left hip next to buckle.  

4. Brown Leather bracer with tan chevron accents along the upper edges.  tan accents at the base and Jedi Comlink.  To be worn on the left forearm only.

5. black boots with 1" - 2" heel.  Boots should be above the ankle but no higher than mid thigh.  No visible laces or zippers.

6. Makeup.  Costumer should have light green to yellow complexion on face and hands. 

Additionally costumer should have 19 dark purple to black diamond shaped tattoos below the eyes and across the nose matching references.

Each hand has 4 matching diamond shaped tattoos just below where the sleeves end on top of the hand.

Costumers lipstick and fingernails should be painted dark purple.

Optional pieces.

Hooded capelet and shawl.  Grey in color with dark grey marble style repeating pattern.  Capelet does not extend past the waist.

Barriss Offee style lightsaber with blue blade

Ventress style curved hilt sabers with red blades

Image result for barriss offee clone wars

This CRL is already in the list, but is empty. Once the write up is approved, the text can be added.  Once someone shares their pics, the pictures can be added.

For new costumes, not already listed in the CRL, yes you need the costume pics and the text before the CRL will be approved. 

In the TFE we have many costumes that were put on the list, but no one ever bothered to write up the text or add the pics, so I have spent the holidays writing up the text for a handful of these empty CRLs in our list.

Rules changed for adding costumes to the CRL list, so I was doing what I could to add to those CRLs that we have that are listed, but 100% empty.

The Shawl and her own lightsaber are not part of her look, once she became a traitor, those would only be for the RL Barriss Offee.

20 minutes ago, Yankee71 said:

This CRL is already in the list, but is empty. Once the write up is approved, the text can be added.  Once someone shares their pics, the pictures can be added.

For new costumes, not already listed in the CRL, yes you need the costume pics and the text before the CRL will be approved. 

In the TFE we have many costumes that were put on the list, but no one ever bothered to write up the text or add the pics, so I have spent the holidays writing up the text for a handful of these empty CRLs in our list.

Rules changed for adding costumes to the CRL list, so I was doing what I could to add to those CRLs that we have that are listed, but 100% empty.

The Shawl and her own lightsaber are not part of her look, once she became a traitor, those would only be for the RL Barriss Offee.

Ah I see.  I had not realized that the CRL rules had changed.  Thank you for the info.  Yeah unfortunately we have a lot of CRLs that are empty across the whole legion.  I appreciate you taking the time during the holidays to try and remedy that for the detachment.  

I can agree on the shawl and blue lightsaber.  I added them as optional since she always had them until that point.  I wasn't sure if the CRL team would want them to be a part of the CRL or not.

Yankee71 is right, this one does have a blank CRL and can be approved pending LMO/DL Review. To clarify, the rules concerning New to Legion costumes have not changed, but this specific costume was a grandfathered costume from before the rule was enacted. So how we handle it is a touch different. It is great that the content is being worked on so that it can have a complete Reference Library.

2 hours ago, Yankee71 said:

I just finished the write up for this CRL the other day, it has been submitted and is awaiting review and approval.

Nothing has been received at lmo@501.com for review. Do let Dawn and I know as content is available for it. 

Edited by ionicdesign