• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

WIP costume (need to trim capelet)

Roarcach

Pls help me on my hood and capalete ive changed it 4 times and didnt get it right.... ive posted many threads but none have been replied yet here is a progress my my revan thx

20171217_194030.jpg

IMG_20171217_201255.jpg

Edited by Roarcach

I would say that your hood is a bit large/wide at shoulder level.
I would advice to make the top of the hood a bit round instead of straight so it holds better on your head and mask when you move your head.

Maybe you could make some pic in close up of your shoulder part (from the side and back) so we can better help you ?

14 hours ago, Malt said:

I would advice to make the top of the hood a bit round instead of straight so it holds better on your head and mask when you move your head.

Maybe you could make some pic in close up of your shoulder part (from the side and back) so we can better help you ?

Thx for the help :-D ill take a pic of the shoulder asap

On 18/12/2017 at 8:08 PM, Malt said:

So I just fixed the capelet and hood  also use some rings to replace the clasps, also here's the backside of the capelet (the fabric isnt actually glossy and the white lines on the cape is temporary just to hold the pleating for now) 

IMG_20171219_225922.jpg

IMG_20171219_225534.jpg

Looks good. Something to consider....small Velcro pieces on the sides and top of your mask/helmet to hold the cowl in place. Believe me....you’ll want to have something in place to secure it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The current clasps are good as is, no need to switch them out. 

We are in the works of phasing that part out since it is not clear why they were pushed to be inaccurate over the accurate ring setup.

On 1/3/2018 at 3:37 AM, DarthValkyria said:

The current clasps are good as is, no need to switch them out. 

We are in the works of phasing that part out since it is not clear why they were pushed to be inaccurate over the accurate ring setup.

Is there gonna be any further Changes to the CRL other than the clasps? I know some like the hood and the capelet are gonna be changed 

1 minute ago, Roarcach said:

Is there gonna be any further Changes to the CRL other than the clasps? I know some like the hood and the capelet are gonna be changed 

Yeah, but if you follow what I've been telling you during or conversations, you'll be fine.

P.s. the CRL edits go live this weekend.

4 minutes ago, DarthValkyria said:

Yeah, but if you follow what I've been telling you during or conversations, you'll be fine.

P.s. the CRL edits go live this weekend.

So i actually already submitted the application photos, but need to do that again cause my GML said my gauntlet need to go to the other way. And I also I need to straighten  my capelet and pull up my kama.