• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Issues on WA Nihilus build?

nihilus85

I would like to hear your opinions about this. I am new to the legion and I need a Nihilus costume that is sure to be approved. I am about to consider Wicked Armor, but some of the posts I read said that WA Nihilus is nott accepted/approvable. Please help me before I starr investing my money.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

For a costume to be approvable, it must achieve the correct look, and be approved by your local GMO/GML.

If your Local GMO/GML has questions about your costume, they will post your application pics on the Legion forums, for us to give our opinions on.

Nothing is 100% approved from any merchant, you have to wear it properly and it must look correct.

Wrong look, too long/too short, wrong mask, missing part of the costume, wrong boots, wrong gloves, etc, etc, are all things that could cause your costume to not be approved.

There are also 2 different Darth Nihilus costumes, you did not specify which one you wanted to create?

I have seen MWA "Darth Nihilus: COTF" approved, ofc I have also seen them not approved, if they were not worn correctly, or were missing a part of the costume, or were using an element that was wrong (Like a weathered mask).

If you were making "Darth Nihilus KOTOR II" then MWA costume is the wrong look.

• Like 1

For a costume to be approvable, it must achieve the correct look, and be approved by your local GMO/GML.
If your Local GMO/GML has questions about your costume, they will post your application pics on the Legion forums, for us to give our opinions on.
Nothing is 100% approved from any merchant, you have to wear it properly and it must look correct.
Wrong look, too long/too short, wrong mask, missing part of the costume, wrong boots, wrong gloves, etc, etc, are all things that could cause your costume to not be approved.
There are also 2 different Darth Nihilus costumes, you did not specify which one you wanted to create?
I have seen MWA "Darth Nihilus: COTF" approved, ofc I have also seen them not approved, if they were not worn correctly, or were missing a part of the costume, or were using an element that was wrong (Like a weathered mask).
If you were making "Darth Nihilus KOTOR II" then MWA costume is the wrong look.

Thank you for the information. I am going after the COTF version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the WA COTF Nihilus and it is a fine costume very good quality work and I’m happy with it. Always keep in mind that a costume from a merchant isn’t always approvable you may need to make tweaks and changes yourself depending on what you GML says. For my Nihilus I had to change the skirt a little bit and dye my cape black as well as weather it just a bit more. If anything contact your GML and discuss with him about WA Nihilus. I love my Nihilus from WA and I troop with it. I hope this all helps and good luck on your Nihilus adventure.

• Like 1

I have an approved Wicked Armour Darth Nihilus ( COTF ). It is extremely well made and fits well. As others have echoed - you will need to make some adjustments. Whether this is weathering, making adjustments to fit better etc. I changed my gloves as the ones from WA are not approvable because they have decorative stitching.

• Like 1

We are going through the approval process right now and everything looked good except that we had the cape over the shoulder in the picture, rather than behind the shoulders. Now my GM is requesting additional photos of each item as it is placed on, so I'm sure it's going to be an issue that there isn't a second tunic or skirt. I can understand getting a second shirt for a layered look, but the second tunic seems so unnecessary since you can't see it at all. I'm just curious if anyone else has run into this and what route they took to remedy it. WA is more than happy to help me out by making the additional pieces, but I'd like to get all of my options here. Thanks!

If you need to make an inner tunic ( unnecessary in my opinion ) you can use McCalls 4007, and use C. A plain black linen works well. I have been meaning to write an in-depth tutorial.

6 hours ago, Lakrymosa said:

We are going through the approval process right now and everything looked good except that we had the cape over the shoulder in the picture, rather than behind the shoulders. Now my GM is requesting additional photos of each item as it is placed on, so I'm sure it's going to be an issue that there isn't a second tunic or skirt. I can understand getting a second shirt for a layered look, but the second tunic seems so unnecessary since you can't see it at all. I'm just curious if anyone else has run into this and what route they took to remedy it. WA is more than happy to help me out by making the additional pieces, but I'd like to get all of my options here. Thanks!

Yup, seen it, there were a couple comments made. Nice looking cat ears btw, don't know if your GML relayed my message?

Lets us not forget, standards are there, to make you look your best, not to delay your approval.

Also, the Detachment advises the GMLs if they have questions, but we DO NOT approve or disapprove anyone, that decision is the GMLs alone.

We are a very active and very user friendly Detachment and Detachment Staff. 

If people need my help, feel free to contact me via PM. 

I'm easy, like Jello! 

Cat ears? 

Thanks for the feedback. He sent me all the info, but the skirt/tunic issues are the only things I can't fix on my own. I should have looked over the photos before I forwarded them from the photographer, otherwise I would have caught the little things. We are still very new and getting to know everyone, so I guess I just need to get more comfortable with asking for guidance! Thanks again. 

3 hours ago, Lakrymosa said:

Cat ears? 

The nickname given to the 2 pointy ends of the cloak at the tops of the head.  It is supposed to look similar to cat ears, sometimes people make them and it looks more like mickey mouse ears, which would then get a negative comment. Your Cat ears were perfect.

• Like 1

On 12/20/2017 at 1:18 AM, Gigglesdatropper said:

Just keep in mind WA does not come with two tunics only comes with one and does not come with belt, gloves, boots or balaclava.

Mine came with 2. The inner with the sleeves and the outer one that doesn't. Mine came with the Obi but not the outer belt.