• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

2017 501st Legion Census and TFE Membership

TFE folks! The Legion Census is live, so please go to https://www.501st.com/memberDB/ and go to "Census" to complete your mandatory information.

As some folks have asked, you may have a, "Pending" listed on your TFE membership under your profile. This membership does not show up anywhere except on your personal information page and only affects your ability to vote in the detachment election early next year. I updated this list after the past election this year, and will be doing so after the census is completed in a few weeks, as well as in the months before the election next year to ensure everyone is able to participate. 

Please do not worry if you say, "Pending" at the moment, as part of the requirement for being a member of the detachment is being active in the Legion, so it makes my life 100x easier knowing that this requirement is up to date by waiting until after the census. To give you an idea, it requires cross referencing every single email listed in the Legion Database under Flagship-eligible costumes with every single email registered in the TFE forums to ensure the requirements are fulfilled, and when they are not (say, you aren't registered on the TFE forums, but are on the 501st DB), I send out emails to every single one of these people to let them know how to get back up to par with the requirements. Per the Legion Charter/Ops and Protocols requirements for Detachment Membership:

"Formal membership, voting rights, and eligibility in a detachment requires that a Legion member be active, own a qualifying costume as represented by the detachment, and have the corresponding costume designation in his/her profile. The approval of said costume is, however, still the purview of the LMO. Ownership of a qualifying costume is verified annually as part of the Legion census. Membership in a detachment is optional, and you can be a member of more than one detachment. Membership is initiated by the Legion member when the above criteria is met and they register on the detachment's forum. Active status is maintained by logging onto said forum once a year. Failing this, the member becomes an inactive member of the detachment. All that is required to be reactivated is to once again log in."

Therefore, in order to make it easier for the cross referencing, I wait until the end of the census time frame, then go through all of the automatically listed active members who completed their census, and then use only those to complete the syncing of the DB and our forums. The TFE forum does not affect the 501st Legion DB, and the DB does not affect the TFE forum EXCEPT for the fact that registration on our forums and logging into it once a year are some of the requirements for the 501st Legion DB Detachment approval.

If you are registered here on the forums and are logging in at least once a year, then I consider you a member of the detachment, and you get access to all of the non-election benefits such as the Membership Programs and Merch runs. The membership in the DB is merely an administrative parameter in order to make election organization easier. That does not mean that I neglect it, but it is fulfilled before any necessary actions are required.

That being said, emails will be going out to those who are pending the week after the census ends to those who are not registered on the forums OR who have an email registered on the forums that is different from your 501st Legion information email so that I can get everything synced and sorted.

Also, if you are able to log into your account and you are correctly listed as a Detachment Member, don't worry about the 50% account profile stuff. It is not necessary. You can dismiss it. 

Hope this helps!

• Like 1