• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Darth Revan Build

rb2991

Hi everyone just wanted to to put up some info about my current build Darth Revan I have pretty much everything I need on order from a vendor called Wicked Armour in my Research they were the most promising for my Revan build just I guess in terms of quality and authenticity will take a bit though so currently this is what I have on order:

armor includes: mask with undermask that makes the main mask more comfortable and vents breath away from the visor so it does not fog up, flexible plastic form-fitting torso armor (front and back) with metal rings and flexible joint between upper and lower sections, bracers and hand armor, and large ring with pleather straps, double rings, and greebles.

fabric includes: hood with shoulder wrap and pinned folds, cape with full pleats, hakama (skirt-like piece) with box pleats at top, black sash, ribbed red sash.

Also I have ordered an undershirt, leather gloves & balaclava, all these items are to spec for Revan and I will also be getting a custom saber after I get everything together.

Welcome!  There are several of us using his kits, myself included.  I did make some changes to the kit though.  I changed out his rings that are on the bottom of the armor as well as removed the pleather and replaced with real leather.  Make sure that you post pictures of things as you put everything together so that we can offer up some advice.

• Like 1

The armor, itself, it pretty good, though you will need to switch out the rings at the bottom as Blackrock said, and use straps to attach them rather than the strings that they come with. Also, the soft parts are bare minimum level for approval, so I would recommend looking into getting custom soft part made in the future that are more accurate.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for your support appreciate it looking forward to competing this still some time though I slso wanted to post an update with my progress I have everything I need on order from my vendor except for my custom saber which was difficult to find at a reasonable price but I was able to on ebay after a long time researching ill add a pic with this post and I will be done about a week before The Last Jedi I am hoping to get approval with my build and Join members at IMAX for the premiere I was told tickets for 501st members are all out however I can go on my own accord and join the 501st at the cinema when I start receiving things in the mail Ill upload images of everything cheers for your time Regards Reece.

Hi there everyone just another small update after a lot of thinking I have decided to get another saber just looks a lot closer to Revan saber the other saber has to many bits of gold, aside from that everything else so far is on track, oh also where is a good place to look for the straps for the 12 small rings on my armour? 

Regards Reece 

Screenshot_20171008-010843.png

FYI, the Revan CRL is in the process of being updated, and the proposed CRL has a more accurate picture of his lightsaber's hilt, which is shown here.

Revan_saber.jpg

I personally use a Vader's Vault Rev-N Elite.  It is a little on the expensive side, but you don't need the saber to submit for approval, so it's something you can always pickup later.

I would personally try to make your costume fit this proposed CRL as it would suck to start on the current one and have the proposed one go into effect before you submit for approval.  I personally don't know when it will become official, perhaps @DarthValkyria can provide some insight.

As for the rings, I got some brushed nickle shower curtain rings from a local hardware store.

Hey mate sorry for the late reply cheers for the information ill pic up that saber eventually for now ill work it out and Ill fix up the rings ill post pics of everything when I start receiving items

Cheers Regards Reece