• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Hello from Tampa!!!

btabc

Good morn-err *looks at clock* afternoon.  The name's Btabc (Bryce) or just plain "B" (nickname that's stuck with me since I was a wee little imperial in training).  I'm currently a TK awaiting approval, but I've always had another fascination for one of my favorite PSP games, The Force Unleashed.  The main character was nice, but I cannot pull off the buzz cut like he can, however I noticed that my favorite costume doesn't mention a hair cut so I was thinking "yay"!  The costume/armor I was looking into making is Starkiller: Dark Lord's Armor:

https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:SL_starkiller_darklord_armor

HOWEVER this being said, I'm still in the researching phase so I have no idea who to contact for the hard armor pieces?  I know with the other site I'm with there's a "Please no WTB threads" so this is not me wanting to buy, but asking if there's anyone who I can contact that makes the main hard armor parts?

Thank you for your time,

B

18 minutes ago, btabc said:

Good morn-err *looks at clock* afternoon.  The name's Btabc (Bryce) or just plain "B" (nickname that's stuck with me since I was a wee little imperial in training).  I'm currently a TK awaiting approval, but I've always had another fascination for one of my favorite PSP games, The Force Unleashed.  The main character was nice, but I cannot pull off the buzz cut like he can, however I noticed that my favorite costume doesn't mention a hair cut so I was thinking "yay"!  The costume/armor I was looking into making is Starkiller: Dark Lord's Armor:

https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:SL_starkiller_darklord_armor

HOWEVER this being said, I'm still in the researching phase so I have no idea who to contact for the hard armor pieces?  I know with the other site I'm with there's a "Please no WTB threads" so this is not me wanting to buy, but asking if there's anyone who I can contact that makes the main hard armor parts?

Thank you for your time,

B

Here is a good place to check/ask, as the people who have built him would be the best to reply!

http://www.theflagshipeclipse.com/forums/index.php?/forum/118-starkiller/

Hope it helps,

Nina

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DarthValkyria said:

Here is a good place to check/ask, as the people who have built him would be the best to reply!

http://www.theflagshipeclipse.com/forums/index.php?/forum/118-starkiller/

Hope it helps,

Nina

I did not see that, thank you so much :)

1 minute ago, btabc said:

I did not see that, thank you so much :)

Also, here's the link to his visual references for when you need it.

http://www.theflagshipeclipse.com/forums/index.php?/gallery/category/34-starkiller-dark-lords-armor-hoth/

• Thanks 1

Just now, DarthValkyria said:

Also, here's the link to his visual references for when you need it.

http://www.theflagshipeclipse.com/forums/index.php?/gallery/category/34-starkiller-dark-lords-armor-hoth/

I must say... you're a life saver!  I've been compiling reference photos in the extreme case that I have to go through and create my helmet out of EVA foam lol.  I have some experience in working with it, but thought I'd ask around here first.  Thank you :)

Also my Favorite costume, which I have.

Not an easy build, but anything is possible.

If you need places to buy certain aspects of this costume, or you would like to know how I built something myself for this costume, send me a PM.

I am always happy to help another person with this costume.

Cheers,

Satya-

I am terribly sorry for the late reply, but the recent Hurricane we had made things a little hectic.  So now things are getting back to "normal" :)

On 9/20/2017 at 10:22 PM, Gigglesdatropper said:

Welcome to the best detachment !!!

Grazie!!!! :D

So far I'm experiencing a great vibe here :)

On 9/21/2017 at 0:53 AM, Yankee71 said:

Also my Favorite costume, which I have.

Not an easy build, but anything is possible.

If you need places to buy certain aspects of this costume, or you would like to know how I built something myself for this costume, send me a PM.

I am always happy to help another person with this costume.

Cheers,

Satya-

So far I'm experiencing the same thing.  The only problem I'm having is getting the helmet... I have someone that I've asked if I could get them to make one and they've agreed, but they're extremely busy at the moment so I'm having to wait... which isn't a bad thing since I'm also focusing on my TK and awaiting approval for that as well! :D

I have the suit from a local seamstress, who's already met with me and taken my measurements, got a pair of boots that I can adjust to make acceptable for the CRL (since it's a little tough to find a decent pair of there here that aren't rubber).  I am "decent" with making things so I've decided to make the shoulder pieces and belt buckle along with the "crotch guard".  The different lightsaber hilts are going to cause me a LITTLE trouble, but as long as there's plenty of reference photos I'll be fine.  I don't want to spend $300+ on each saber haha.  I'll be shooting you a PM shortly, thank you :)

I've always been a fan of this character from the games

On 10/1/2017 at 2:00 PM, Yankee71 said:

If its still for sale, someone was selling the helmet, and the last price drop was $275

Check the for sale section

Thanks! :D

I'll be checking that section out frequently!