• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Hello! New member - Tana - mara jade applicant

Hi there! My name is Tana, but most friends call me 'Tank' as a nickname (I like tank girl a lot) - About me: I run a small circus company in Chicago, IL called AI Circus, and I personally perform Trapeze and Foot Juggling. 
Almost a year ago I decided I wanted to make the leap into official 501st, and my favorite character is Mara Jade, so I'm starting with that! I've got most of the costume completed, and am down to a few last things...
I have the cowl, gloves, saber, goggles, suspenders, and belts, with some extras (for fun) like her DL-44 blaster and her Holdout Blaster with Back Holster - plus some extra extras that I know aren't 501st, but wanted anyway, like some removable belt pouches. :)

The elements I am missing are her shin guards and knee pads, and I'm in the process of making the official bodysuit. 

I've been trying to find out if anyone makes, or knows of a maker, that can do vacuum formed mara jade shin guards/knee pads in plastic (pvc?) - I can finish them from raw, but I'm missing the facilities to make the basic armor! Any help is greatly appreciated!

Here is a pic of me in the costume thus far. I'm really excited to see her completed!

marajade_gencon2017.jpg