• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Ukrainian Seventh Sister (WIP)

horus

Hello!

I started making the Seventh Sister's costume for my wife. Started with a helmet. But I'm a little confused by the size of the mask. What do you say? 04_zpsxsw5py9u.jpg

01_zpsc3zervqy.jpg 02_zpsgwzerc0w.jpg 05_zpsxkqrsj8z.jpg 06_zpszbtcf3dp.jpg 07_zpsw1omamop.jpg 08_zps3gjw986j.jpg

03_zpswflwlgey.jpg

Seems a bit small, but then again it would depend on the size of your wife.

Needs to be proportional to the person wearing it, for the overall look to be correct.

Can your wife fit her head in it comfortably would be the 1st point to consider?

"Seems a bit small" - it means that the bottom line of the "cap" should be wider? (front view)
image_zps7auz0ede.png

Edited by horus

No, "Seems a bit small" was just a comment in General in comparison to the Tank helmet next to it.

The flaring out of the bottom of the helmet pic you just posted with the red arrows. seems off somehow?  Maybe it is the fact that it is all red, maybe its the lighting?

In all the reference pics I have looked at, the helmet doesn't look like it flairs out like that, seems more straight. and continues the form of the helmet all the way around.

I think the tips of the bottom of the helmet should be further inward.

The amount of "flare" looks good to me! Possibly my favorite picture of the Sister for reference...

16fe635af2fa1804c79dbdf588bd4ed6.png

I second @Yankee71 's comment that it just has to be proportional to the wearer, though.

It was decided to remake the helmet.  :doh: 
At 65% completed the armor.
Boots still I will paint
What do you think?
c5b439ef-bdd4-43b8-be77-780961eecc29_zps

90f5b8d3-5b91-48b2-98d8-1ed8b1a6024e_zps

3839bf96-84a4-4b7d-9f62-11710580bce2_zps

63760f56-42a3-40b4-9ad8-4f1a68c94c96_zps

sEDSf4CveZk_zpsjfvektkl.jpg