• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Lord of hunger. Yumyum

DerGummo

Hi there.

My name is Uli and I am from Germany.

I decided to buy a Darth Nihilus costume; by the way I work on a TD.

I got a question to you.

Is the Sabre Hilt important for a approval?

I found a Hilt in eBay (empty DIY) but I am not shure if it is a KotoR style Hilt.

Or does anyone know whitch Ultrasabre or Sabreforge Hilt is a correct one.

My gml said that one that's similar will work. I got approval without a saber at all. I made one out of a aluminum foil core tube. Used a magnet and a small steel inside a hidden belt to hold it on when I'm not using it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

The lightsaber is not currently required for approval. Also the Wicked Armor costume has several things that are not approvable with is, including the mask.

Could you please clarify this? I'm not seeing why it wouldn't be approvable as-is for COTF version.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

The costume standards have been update very recently.

I just re-read through the CRL and I still do not see why the MWA COTF Nihilus would not be approved as-is. If the CRL has been updated, please help us understand what you know (or what you're reading) that makes it not approvable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

In my opinion.  Ultimately it is up to your GML to approve.

There needs to be two distinct tunics, the MWA has two but last time I saw one the inner tunic was not a cross over one.  The outer skirt should be open in the center, the MWA is not.  The cape and hood should be one piece, the MWA often looks like 2 pieces.  The costume should be heavily tattered, the MWA looks almost burnt.  The mask should be skull like with distinct cheek bones, the MWA is almost smooth.

In my opinion.  Ultimately it is up to your GML to approve.

There needs to be two distinct tunics, the MWA has two but last time I saw one the inner tunic was not a cross over one.  The outer skirt should be open in the center, the MWA is not.  The cape and hood should be one piece, the MWA often looks like 2 pieces.  The costume should be heavily tattered, the MWA looks almost burnt.  The mask should be skull like with distinct cheek bones, the MWA is almost smooth.

Perhaps you are referring to a different costume maker or maybe MWA has updated their design recently (which I do not think is true), but all the points you make are false.  Their inner tunic does cross over, the outer skirt does open in the middle (although I do see some people to try to obscure this feature), the cape/hood is a single piece, the tattering isn't burnt at all (it's quite shredded), and the mask is as you describe it should be.  I speak about this because I have one, and will be submitting soon for approval.  Agreed, the GML is the ultimate approver and may interpret things differently, but I see nothing wrong with what MWA is producing.  All around, I think it looks awesome and follows every point listed in the CRL without contradiction.

From what I can see, the WA has made some changes to the costume, because earlier these couldn´t be approved out of the box without mods - one still needs to make sure it is up to the CRL + add the leather belt and boots.  The lightsaber is not required for approval at this moment.

I found his page :  https://wickedarmor.com/project/darth-nihilus-costume/   

It is fully up to the GML to approved the costume, but I always say to people - read the CRL and follow it - if you´re having some questions, go on the TFE forum and we will try to help you out the best we can  :wink: 

Yes, like I said it is ultimately up to your local GML.  In my opinion this costume is not approvable as it is show from the MWA website.  The last MWA costume I saw was earlier this year and it was not approved right out of the box because it did not meet the CRL.  This was before the recent update to the CRL.

I helped one here in Denmark, who bought a non-used WA KOFT version - to get that one approvable, we had to make mods to the cape and sew it on to the tunic. The tunic we had to put padding in the chest area and the skirt wasn´t wide enough, so he had to make a new one.  

So it´s not out of the box approvable - let us see, when you receive your BB (brown box) :wink: 

So. My Nihilus is approved. Got a mail from my GML this morning.
Costume is from WA an it worked without changing something.
He updated the costume 2016 so it is conform with the CRL.
SL-11829 ready.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk