• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Armour Material ?

GreenGrass

Hi!

So I've recently decided to dust off my old Revan cosplay and look into actually making it 501st approved, however, I've always been much better at sewing. Thus! My cloth parts are acceptable, but I am still having problems with the armour. 

My question is essentially, which material should I use for the armour parts? (And/or if that is damned, can I commission the armour set from somewhere?)

Thanks on beforehand!

There's a lot of great choices for armor materials out there that will give it a nice rigid appearance. Vaccuumformed plastic (like stormtrooper armor), worbla, leather, EVA foam. Depending on what you feel comfortable with in terms of weight, if you're making it yourself, etc. I know there are places that make it to standards with some minor adjustments, but I'm not sure of the names haha.

I'm building mine using pvc sheets of 3mm and overlaping the layers of the to same shape of the revan Armor.

The I'm using 4 layers to build my armor. As I can take a few pictures I can post here.