• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Revan Vambracers and Hand Plates

fdotta

Hi Guys,

I'm new here, and I'm finishing some adjustments of my Darth Revan costume to register on 501st. I would like to ask some advises for my vambracers and hand plates.

what do you think about the vambracers on the photo bellow?

It's a 3d print, do you think its fits on 501st requirements? 

Thanks

PS: Asap I got the hand plates prototype i will post here

Hi,

What do you mean 360 degree reference?

Do you think that ridge will be a problem? That part makes de vambraces much stronger.

Thanks for the help.

Need photos of the entire bracers, top, bottom, and sides, to say if they will work or not.

The bracers do not have that ridge. If you need, you can add additional support on the inside of the bracers.

Ahhh ok,

Tomorrow I will more photos and post. Regarding the ridge I will sand it and repaint the bracer. I'm following the 501st costume ref. library, so my bracers are looks like this:

SL_revan_vambraces.jpg

Cya

Hi,

Sorry for the delay, I've update the 3d model to fit better on the pics. Following the new 3D model, what do you think, the color will be the same of the 1st I've post.

If a solid piece isn't feasible, a set where they do not overlap should still work. 

Thats good way to do it....

Valkyria I would like to thanks for all the help, I'm really thankful for it.

Thx,

Im finishing painting the large ring and that 2 silver parts on the O-belt.

And th new armor is on the way (full throttle).

I think after I finished it my costume will be approvable. And I will be 1st Darth Revan in the Brasillian Garrison.

The force shall free me!!!

• Like 1

If I may ask did you find a file for the braces or did you do it yourself? Also paint wise what did you choose to use? I'm working on my Revan as well. 

There is no power a Sith uses that a Jedi cannot use as well. 

On 10/14/2017 at 0:55 AM, LordVykous said:

If I may ask did you find a file for the braces or did you do it yourself? Also paint wise what did you choose to use? I'm working on my Revan as well. 

There is no power a Sith uses that a Jedi cannot use as well. 

Hi, 

Im finishing my revan and probably next week I will resubmit my pics... Regarding that parts a friend of my has a company of 3D printing for cosplay, greeblies and props (also he is SW fanatic too) he made for me. 

Regarding the paint job I've used a regular gray primer, than a layer of black paint  and finally I've used Cooper paint. I've applied 2 layers of the copper and the 3 layers of varnish. 

The force shall free me... 

Make sure to not make it "too" copper. An antique copper would help cut some of that roughness of straight copper and avoid you looking like a pipe.

The paint I used for mine is an underlay of pure copper and then antique gold and brass dusted on top to cut the harshness and redness of copper by itself.