• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

7th sister chest armor problems.

angelus0313

Hello all,

I am currently working on the chest armor from Jawa, and I have pretty much hit a brick wall. I've been trying to figure out how to mount the "shoulder blades" to the chest armor, but have not figured out a good way to do it, due to the very thin landing on the resin piece. Not enough to glue, as I had figured once I could get it tacked I would fiberglass the instead to bond the chest armor and the shoulder blades together.

Have had thoughts about it, ie making it a totally separate piece than the armor, and having it attached to the jacket making the area their a soft compression zone or building up the area to have something ran to it. But, also have I noticed more and more that the area inside the blades are very small, to which I would I would admit I have somewhat effeminate shoulders compared to most men and attaching the chest to the shoulder blades make it very hard to take the chest on and off.

Any insights into this problem is welcomed, as I am quickly running out of idea about how to use the pieces that came with the kit.

Edited by angelus0313

So I've got the same kit and actually elected not to use the fins sent with it because they were way too huge on me. We ended up making our own and attached them via a velcro strip. So how it goes right now is that the fins we made sit on top of the armor (kind of floating), then the armor is there, the armor attaches via a strip of velcro which is double sided, and then beneath that is the velcro attached to the shoulder fin. I'm not sure I'm explaining it very well but it's worked. (I can take pictures of my kit if that'll help but it'll be a few days since I'm away at the moment.)

Basically the armor is on top of the armor, not within the arm "hole" like in the CRL and in the animated series. Its more or less like a flair on the armor that blends into the chest armor's return end. Correct?

Sorry thinking out loud as pictures would help and my help others with the same problem as I've had to do some restructuring to the armor, take more out from the return edges then I would have like, to make it work.

Thanks again for replying.

Wait sorry. I described it wrong before. (I can't put the armor on myself and I never really see how it looks when it's on me and I just double checked some pictures.) It is closer to how the CRL describes it and they're not floating on top. What we did with the velcro still stands though. I'll take pictures of my kit on Tuesday for you. I think it'll make more sense that way. But yeah, I'd suggest just completely tossing those fins and making your own. I believe we made mine out of ABS paste and one of those plastic for sale yard signs.

Not sure if you've done the bracers yet but I found that we had to restructure those a lot too.

Okay,

I have the bracers mocked up in silver sharpie atm, due to when I saw them I was like, ah yeah. For their allot of stuff wrong with the shape of them. But thanks again for taking the pics.

Thanks for the pics, this gives me allot of insight into this problem as I had something similar in my head but was racking my brain on execution of it.

Thanks again for the pics and the input.