• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Catmew's 7th sister wip

catmew

Hi, im a rookie from malaysia trying to make 501st approved costume for my wife. This is our 1st time trying for 501st.

I already started on this helmet, and am wondering if this is okie.

bee6771daf96e8caea720d72b52cfa9f.jpg78c196405b11f0d29a7eef812f62b764.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love this costume.  

The detail lines in the helmet look a bit rough in places or maybe its the paint job didn't cover everything? I cant tell?

The rest looks nice

I love this costume.

The detail lines in the helmet look a bit rough in places or maybe its the paint job didn't cover everything? I cant tell?

The rest looks nice

That would be my fault, i dint put too much work in the lines. But that could be addressed later.

Would this helmet pass crl? You think?

I would find a pic from the series, and make sure yours looks like the image seen.

Also contact your Garrison GML/GMO if you have questions, as they will be the person approving your costume.

Some things are still not finished with your helmet, and I cannot comment on a WIP being acceptable or not.

I would suggest in your WIP thread that you post pics of what you made, side by side with pics of what the CRL has and Pics from the Series, and you should be able to answer that for yourself.

• Like 1

I would find a pic from the series, and make sure yours looks like the image seen.

Also contact your Garrison GML/GMO if you have questions, as they will be the person approving your costume.

Some things are still not finished with your helmet, and I cannot comment on a WIP being acceptable or not.

I would suggest in your WIP thread that you post pics of what you made, side by side with pics of what the CRL has and Pics from the Series, and you should be able to answer that for yourself.

Right, thats sound advice, thanks i would get on to that.

The eyes/visor area are all wrong.  There is no indentation across the eyes like that.  The eye slits also are shaped wrong, they are supposed to be sloped at a downward angle, they do not cut into the bottom of the mask.   Also missing the indents on the forehead.

This is a good clear close up of the mask details and how the eyes are supposed to look.

https://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/a/a9/7th-Sis-and-5th-Bro-clash.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20160110094939

• Like 1

The eyes/visor area are all wrong. There is no indentation across the eyes like that. The eye slits also are shaped wrong, they are supposed to be sloped at a downward angle, they do not cut into the bottom of the mask. Also missing the indents on the forehead.

This is a good clear close up of the mask details and how the eyes are supposed to look.

https://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/a/a9/7th-Sis-and-5th-Bro-clash.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20160110094939

Thanks! i will surely slap on some milliput and change that.c8c193bcbf0c746606898f56c98c7087.jpg

I printed this from a file i bought, which i believe is sculpted based on Disney lands character/actor.

Yea the disney costume has alot of inaccuracies. Does look like the eye slots and surrounding eye "trench" and such were all based off the Disney mask and not the actual show's design.

So I was looking at working with the same helmet file, and agree about the eye slot size, but are they really supposed to be angled down more do you think?

fd41a92149398f041ae1bc5088ee4a0e.png

• Like 1

So I was looking at working with the same helmet file, and agree about the eye slot size, but are they really supposed to be angled down more do you think?

fd41a92149398f041ae1bc5088ee4a0e.png

Yes, personally i don't think its a bad file, overall it works nicely, i poped some magnets in and the mask snaps of and on easily , and i will just fill the gaps with milliput or any 2 part epoxy of your choice and re shape them, i just wished i joined this group before i started and would probably saved time on this detail

• Like 1

I haven't done anything to the helmet yet, but im done with my light saber and the arms32640b7e2e133c201d934c787319584f.jpgfece28307aefc43442716835dc2ba93f.jpgdf6fbf687e79ef206643c62c6009a5fc.jpg2e5589251e4e4272d5006446d1086dcb.jpg

I have finnished making my wives breast plate. Do tell me what you guys think.

Its 3d modelled and printed my me. 5946730692364f0f96d155d5fb04174e.jpg

• Like 1

Yes, personally i don't think its a bad file, overall it works nicely, i poped some magnets in and the mask snaps of and on easily , and i will just fill the gaps with milliput or any 2 part epoxy of your choice and re shape them, i just wished i joined this group before i started and would probably saved time on this detail

Hi can you show how you attached the magnets on the face mask?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hi can you show how you attached the magnets on the face mask?

I dont have a photo on me right now, but i stuck it on using a 3d pen, just went crazy until its stuck real good. In hindsight, e6000 might have been easier

I dont have a photo on me right now, but i stuck it on using a 3d pen, just went crazy until its stuck real good. In hindsight, e6000 might have been easier

Awesome I just would like to see placement. We are working on one also.

I got a round magnet about 5 mm diameter, cut out the original spot with a wire cutter i left one wall so i can easily align the magnets. After that i attached the magnets with 3dpen