• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

WIP - My Nihilus (COTF) build early picture

henkaa

Hi all.
Here is a shot of my work in progress Darth Nihilus build.

Nihilus_zpsqwwxv21r.png

Fixes (what I know of right now) is the following:
* The actual boots ( need to order a pair)
* The "visible" spot between the face mask and the inner tunic. I will patch the face mask with some fabric.
* The fabric is yet not tattered (but that is the fun part of this build right :) )
* The "ears" might need to be a bit bigger.
* The knot is in this shot fixed with safety pins. I will fix that.
* Gloves needs a little form fitting up at the forearm.
(* A lightsaber, even tho it is not needed, I want one)

Let me know what you think.

Next time try to take the picture with the window and sun to the back of the camera man, so as not to put a glare in the photo.

I cant make out any details of the upper body.

Next time try to take the picture with the window and sun to the back of the camera man, so as not to put a glare in the photo.

I cant make out any details of the upper body.

I know, but I liked my pose in that picture the most, as it shows the ears better, I noticed I tilted my head a bit on the other pics we took today., but can put these up as the have more detail.

Hi

Nice to see you in here too - I´ve made some comments on your wip on NG forum - I´ll put them in here too. 

Hi nice work so far.

It is difficuelt to see the details on your pics - when you take the approval pics, do remember to stand in front of a plain background with good light.

I agree with your own points on things that needs to be fixed. I´ve some comments.

Your "ears" needs to be bigger, creating a more sharp fram at the the top of the mask

The visible spot between you tunic and mask needs to be fixed with black fabric

Your cape is way to long, it has to be around 5 cm of from the ground and be heavily weathered.

Do you have 2 tunics and 2 skirts ? 

The outerskirt needs to be visible shorter than the innerskirt = floortlenght or hangs no more than 2 cm from the ground. Needs heavy weathering on both skirts.

Outer tunic needs weatering at the bottom

Are your sleeves quilted ?

Do your belt have the screws/rivets to hold the smaller belt in place ? 

Gloves needs to be form fitted.

I replied in the NG forum :)

And thanks for the good input. I just measured the skirts, and they meet the required length. The outer may be on the shorter side in the back. I will look into that.