As I approach my second anniversary as a member of the 501st, I'm revisiting the Visas Marr (KOTOR II) costume I started two summers ago. We moved from the U.S. to Germany about a year and a half ago, and this project stalled shortly after I cut out the costume pieces. Thankfully, I saved some of my receipts, so I can see what I bought as a reference for next time.
I chose Simplicity pattern 2917 for both the underdress and the overdress. The center of the overdress is seamless; I placed the center front cutting line on the fold of the fabric, so I effectively added 1.25" to the overdress and made it look a little more like the character's overdress.
My underdress fabric is crepe-backed satin from Joann's in "Bordeaux." (It's now discontinued, but it's the same color as the fabric I linked.) Even Joann's website is having trouble accurately displaying the color; it's really a darker color that looks more bluish red than orange-red. Anyway, I'm sewing it with the crepe side as the right side, to create the proper matte finish for the dress. I also bought some matching chiffon to use under the gold vinyl covering my eyes. I'm very happy with the way the fabric drapes and moves when I wear the dress, and I'm looking forward to creating the veil as soon as I have all of the materials.
The overdress is a black leatherette, also from Joann's, and it has a slight texture on the front side. The wrong side of the fabric is black. I've created an art file for the silver patterning, and I'm about to order a cutting machine (a Silhouette Cameo 3) to create the stencils and the gold trim for this costume.
The belt will be made of fabric I purchased at Hancock's nearly two years ago. It's a polyester interlock in "Garnet." It is more red than the underdress fabric, but not enough to be glaringly obvious. If you look at the CRL for the KOTOR version of the costume, the colors of my fabrics in real life are very close to those colors.
I found the gloves on Etsy. They seem to be very old gloves that someone found in an attic somewhere, and they are made of silk-lined leather. I love them! Since I plan to do both versions of this costume, I'm going to use invisible snaps to add the vinyl trim to the hem of these gloves, so I can remove the decorations when necessary.
Once I get this version of the costume approved, I plan to create another underdress and veil for the Unseen, Unheard version. I'm probably going to find a cotton broadcloth fabric next time, so I'll have something a little cooler to wear during hotter weather.
Unfortunately, my camera refuses to accurately portray the colors of the underdress and the belt, but as I said, the real colors match those of the CRL.
I'm really excited about getting back to work on this costume!