• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Question about Datrh Revan of Wicked Armor

Puen

Hello.

I´m from Spain and have a Storm trooper armor. I would like to make a Dart Raven armor.

I want yo know if the Darth Raven costume of Wicked Armor are aproved for the 501Th Legion or is need to made some changes.

Thanks

Hi and welcome

The MWA Revan hardparts are approvable. The soft parts I don't know.

I bought the hardparts and my dressmaker made the robe.

The hakama is a normal fight sport hakama.

I advise to make it the same way cause the softparts aren't good in my opinion.

Hope it will help you.

The hard parts are good, but need modification for approval, including changing out the rings and adding straps to them to attach to the underside of the armor instead of the string used. The bracers should also be a single piece and not two pieces with velcro, but if you are willing to do a bit of work, this can be fixed with attaching the two pieces then doing a repaint. The hard part comes in getting the correct metallic effect since you have to repaint everything if you paint one piece. Combining antique gold, brass, and just a dusting of copper got the color I wanted, and I did all 3 while wet. I ended up building my own armor yet still using his mask, ab fabric, and belt/sash setup because he did a great job with it, the armor I had from him just didn't fit me as well as I'd like with my female shape and hips.

The soft parts need more work, and would be better getting the hard parts from MWA and soft parts from a tailor or seamstress so they are made correctly and just for you. The biggest issue is that the hood is supposed to be enclosed, but it is split, and very difficult to wear correctly to have that enclosed look and stay that way. The cape is good, the split skirt is moderate,just make sure you give a longer measurement so that the waist band is higher than your actual waist to it is completely covered by the armor and doesn't show under.

Darth Valkryia could you post some pics of your vambraces showing what they look like for the one piece instead of the two pieces? I'm still working on my MWA kit for upgrades and am curious to see what you are talking about here.

http://www.theflagshipeclipse.com/forums/index.php?/topic/1739-darth-revan-upgrade-wip/

Here's the thread that I need to update but you can see the v1 bracers here. I can't get a picture of the full 360 right now, but essentially, it's a single piece that I slide my arm into. I can try to get inside photos to show the fiberglass and such later.

Could you use a hinge and latch type of setup to the achieved look as well? I'd really appreciate seeing the inside photos when you are able to.

So long as you could hide them externally, I'd see no issue. The bracers have no details aside from those stripes, so whatever you could do and hide should work. Mine are literally conical tunnels with details added externally. I'll try to get a photo later tonight.

I know this is quite a late inquiry, but to let you know about the MWA Revan set, I purchased mine close to a month ago and was approved right away without having to make any modifications. Keep in mind, I bought the whole package to include the balaclava, hilt, etc.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk