• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Vicky's Visas Marr Build (Redback Garrison, AUS)

VickyVic

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Looking forward to follow your build - this costume is also for dual membership of both the 501st. Legion and the Rebel Legion, if you want to join both clubs :wink: 

Have fun and I´ll keep an eye out for your WIP...

• Like 1

RESEARCH

I tend to be a person who likes to break things down! So here I go!

Reference Photos

1. good for whole costume views, not so much for the gloves

tumblr_oqpoy2jc4I1r44qwfo1_540.jpg

2. better for the gloves

tumblr_oqpoy2jc4I1r44qwfo7_r1_250.jpg

3. original poster for the game

tumblr_oqpoy2jc4I1r44qwfo6_r1_250.jpg

Over Dress and Trimmings

Materials for the over dress I am looking at a matte leather recommended to me by Moxxxie, she also recommended getting 5yards of it and not the 4 the pattern recommended for the dress. There was limited stretch in the material. I am lucky that Moxxxie is helping me along with this one. She also has her original stencil for the pattern on the over dress.

tumblr_oqpoy2jc4I1r44qwfo2_540.png

Veil, Underdress and Trimmings

Veil and Underdress are made of the same red material with blue tones. Easy done. Getting it to fit me, well, That will be interesting. I work best with stretch materials over non-stretch materials. Will be heading down to my local Spotlight to scope out the materials this week and find a pattern or two that I like. Trimmings on the veil will be stencilled onto the veil and gloves in pearl paint or maybe into a pleather like gold and attached. Depends on how I feel.

Sash

Redder in the more brighter colours and in stretch. When I go to spotlight I will compare swatches and make sure they match the CRL.

Gloves

Heading onto eBay, found these gloves, like the length and price

tumblr_oqpoy2jc4I1r44qwfo4_r1_540.png

Boots

Black boots, no trimmings. Will likely use my Mara Jade boots

tumblr_oqpoy2jc4I1r44qwfo3_540.png

Makeup

Lucky I own a heap of makeup. Have the right shade of lipstick.

I think I have covered all my thoughts in this post. Will be buying some gear later this week! Hope I have covered the basic's, let me know what you think.

Cheers! 

Very nice progress and research - but do look at the CRL please, if you want to get it approved in the Legion, because not all your ref. pics can be used.

Here is a link :  http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:SL_marr_kotor2    

• Like 1

Very nice progress and research - but do look at the CRL please, if you want to get it approved in the Legion, because not all your ref. pics can be used.

Here is a link : http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:SL_marr_kotor2

Cheers. I'll get on that and update what I find

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk