• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Darth Nihilus WIP - So Cal

IMaDesignerd

My son got a Ender printer when he turned 18, so he is in the learning steps at the moment but he did print a couple of things, like pokemon figures for his younger brother and christmas ornaments for his old mum ;-)

You just write her a message here on the forum - you can find her profil under  "Staff"  or use this link and she will get back to you :
 https://www.theflagshipeclipse.com/forums/index.php?/profile/174-darthvalkyria/  

3D printing is awesome. I’ve been doing it for a few years now. The Ender machine is an excellent starter machine. I have the CR-10V2 with several mods, which is basically a larger and improved Ender.

If your son has any questions about printing I would be more than happy to help and if I don’t know the answer, I do know several people who will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, IMaDesignerd said:

3D printing is awesome. I’ve been doing it for a few years now. The Ender machine is an excellent starter machine. I have the CR-10V2 with several mods, which is basically a larger and improved Ender.

If your son has any questions about printing I would be more than happy to help and if I don’t know the answer, I do know several people who will.

Indeed it is - I am fascinated by how many things you can make with a 3d machine. 
Thank you so much, that is really nice of you - right now, he is printing place cards holders for my youngest sons confirmation in April, which is kept in Jurassic Park/World theme :-D  one of our friends made the file for us. 

137041208_226219872334000_7936036517185278751_n.jpg

Indeed it is - I am fascinated by how many things you can make with a 3d machine. 
Thank you so much, that is really nice of you - right now, he is printing place cards holders for my youngest sons confirmation in April, which is kept in Jurassic Park/World theme :-D  one of our friends made the file for us. 
137041208_226219872334000_7936036517185278751_n.thumb.jpg.ac5e95fe49d91fe8714222e9e5594124.jpg

That’s awesome! 3D printing is really going to change the world.

Once you dial your 3D printing skills in, the hard part is learning to model. Once you can do both, a whole world opens up to you.

I can do basic geometric modeling, but this is my first dip into 3D sculpting. I am a graphic designer by trade, but do a lot of fine art as well, including sculpting. I have just been hesitant to get into the computer based tools because the learning curve was so steep. Software developers have come a LONG way with digital sculpting and I found one that is very intuitive to real life sculpting. This project was the push I needed to finally give it a try and I am enjoying it! I can’t wait to try and sculpt and print other stuff!