• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

CRL inconsistency and approvals

Crusader

Good morning,

I know this has been a hot topic in the past, but this is something that needs to be addressed.

The CRL shows boots with leather spats, but has been updated to state a rigid hard armor, made of the same/similar material as the breastplate is required.

However, I have seen multiple people get approved with leather boot covers, which is clearly against the CRL standards.

Also, a few days ago I saw a Sister get approved with what I am fairly confident is EVA foam breastplate armor. I saw a commissioned build on a Facebook page where the armor was made from EVA foam. It has a sharp line running across the breasts where I'm assuming a cut in the back was made to form the armor into shape.

My point is, we need to update the CRL immediately. I'm working on a vacuum formed shin armor so that I can offer a full armor kit that matches the CRL text, and so that we can update the photos with armor that matches the current standards.

I think this is a hard thing to police because ultimate it may not matter what the CRL says, it's down to the GMLs. I've seen Mara Jades with combinations of accessories that aren't allowed by the CRL (off white cowl + black gloves/cape + white gloves), but they were still approved.

Honestly, I think it would be worth sending a shout out to the GMLs to double check CRL requirements because what you're saying isn't an isolated incident, or an isolated costume having these problems, and it may be that for TFE costumes, which GMLs won't necessarily know as well as say, an imperial officer or stormtrooper, that it's not good enough if they think it looks ok, but doesn't actually match the CRL.

I am currently building a sister

I have seen approved ones with EVA foam chests and gauntlets as well.

I can understand the spats being soft vinyl at least....

We do have a long list of CRLs that need updating this year. I would urge your GML to follow the written standards and not the photos, as the written standards will not be changing.

Also, the belt buckle pictured in the CRL is way too large compared to reference photos and is not in line with what the CRL verbiage reads.

I think the vinyl/leather boot coverings should be acceptable, with hard armor covers as a level 2 requirement, but EVA foam should be a definite no-go.

On 2/1/2018 at 7:19 PM, bluefunoodle311 said:

Also, the belt buckle pictured in the CRL is way too large compared to reference photos and is not in line with what the CRL verbiage reads.

I think the vinyl/leather boot coverings should be acceptable, with hard armor covers as a level 2 requirement, but EVA foam should be a definite no-go.

We're trying to get these things fixed. Thanks to your guys' help, it should be a smoother process.

• Like 1