• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#41 eliste

eliste

Sith Overseer

• Detachment Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 07:15 AM

So the three cuts in are there, but then the layer underneath that also has the cuts in? I've never seen one that looks like that. I have always been of the opinion that both layers were round, but that the top layer cut in for the three lines/details. Does that make sense?

Also, the lines cut in the top layer aren't lining up right. They should all cut in so that they line up, nearly the same length cut in. I would extend the bottom two to line up with the top one.

Also the holes are so far in that your straps are going to not sit flush to the ends and stick out. I'd definitely move the holes towards the end.

It may be based on a different piece of art, but if that's the case, I think you should get your hands on that art cause right now, to me, it just doesn't look right.

Also, it may just be me, but I've never liked the really flat bottom version people have 3D printed. I feel like it should wrap the leather into the piece, not just sit on top. If you're getting them to alter this, you could easily thicken the bottom, and get slits where you could sit the leather into it, but this is my personal preference and not something you'd have to change for approval imo.

#42 jwnikita

jwnikita

Acolyte

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 08:42 AM

Ok, thanks. I sent your comments to my artist. Would you happen to have a pic of your piece for reference? I may have sent him an inaccurate image that I found that was supposed to have ben accurate.

#43 eliste

eliste

Sith Overseer

• Detachment Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 09:49 AM

Don't copy other people's work, cause you'll end up with other people's errors. Always work from original source material.

I'm intrigued what you worked from and where it came from.

I think the one Pam has on her site is one of the easiest to see and is really clear. http://chucrew.com/M...derharness.html

#44 jwnikita

jwnikita

Acolyte

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 02:53 PM

Thanks for the feedback. I checked out the site and I also forwarded it to my artist. Hopefully he will be able to make adjustments from your input and from the images on the site you send me.

#45 jwnikita

jwnikita

Acolyte

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 03:22 PM

Here are some pics of the redesigned center back piece of the harness. How does it look now?

14d4236df01b85f42b1a247f1392b894.jpg4497301a4c64125500c4a4a5447e4b9d.jpga41e6159697484a366f160a758250a21.jpg5b83da6dd7fec1d397d63399b0deaf38.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#46 eliste

eliste

Sith Overseer

• Detachment Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 05:03 PM

This looks infinitely better to me. I didn't do the center as two layers, but I can see how it would fit in with references that way. I think this is the best 3D print version I've seen, at least in design.

I will caution you, I found out the hard way I'd forgotten to factor in the top exit for the harness would have twice the thickness of leather coming out. I just cut out the under loop and attached it all without that, but you might be able to figure out a better solution than I did.

#47 jwnikita

jwnikita

Acolyte

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 10:04 AM

b4f5f6adfaf987dc8e9c6be6d370a731.jpg

I ordered different fabric for the Cape. After doing some research of images online, I wasn't 100% set on the chocolate brown color that I had previously purchased. I think this color is a little bit better. Opinions?

#48 eliste

eliste

Sith Overseer

• Detachment Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 09:32 PM

I like it. I'm looking for something similar myself.

#49 jwnikita

jwnikita

Acolyte

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 01:58 PM

I like it. I'm looking for something similar myself.

I got it on Amazon.