• Detachment Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationGarland, Texas
  • TKID:
  • Garrison / Outpost:
    Star Garrison
  • Squad:North Texas Squad

Posted 18 April 2017 - 04:11 PM

I was wondering if anyone had use that pattern as I saw it when I was looking for stuff on the Joann fabric website. Good to know about your experience with it. Fortunately I will be commissioning a very experienced seamstress who is familiar with costumes standards for 501st and rebel legion. I am confident in her skills. Assuming of course I find the right pattern for her to work with. I also have red suggestions and of course from past experience in other things that have been made for me, to make the pattern first out of different material just to make sure it's all good and then to use the super expensive fabric.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Making a mock up first is definitely the best idea.
I was just lazy and i hate doing mock ups so i just hoped for the best and bought a little extra fabric in case i messed up (which i did. Especially on the crotch diamond.)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

#22 jwnikita

jwnikita

Acolyte

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Garrison / Outpost:
    Garrison Corellia, Garrison Excelsior

Posted 18 April 2017 - 04:19 PM

I wonder how either of these patterns would work? With alterations, of course, which I did find a guide to on Google

http://www.joann.com..._14816755a.html

http://www.joann.com..._15042815a.html

#23 jwnikita

jwnikita

Acolyte

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Garrison / Outpost:

Posted 18 April 2017 - 08:10 PM

I thought of something else to ask here after using my lightsaber at dueling rehearsal tonight.....my hilt has a covertech wheel on it, and I already have a black covertech clip. Are there any regulations or standards for the clip (color, style, etc)?

#24 eliste

eliste

Sith Overseer

• Detachment Members
  • 125 posts
  • TKID:
  • Garrison / Outpost:
    Ireland Garrison

Posted 19 April 2017 - 04:15 AM

I used yaya han's jumpsuit pattern, but it took an insane amount of altering to get it right. I wouldn't recommend it unless you've had a lot of pattern altering experience. (Plus the torso is about four inches too short on just about everyone so...)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

It wasn't too short on me. I actually loved using that pattern. Fits amazingly and actually allows for curves, so it looks so much better. I went through 4 different patterns and felt this was the best.

@jwnikita If it helps, this is what I did: http://withoutastitc...s-bodysuit.html

As far as I can tell, there is no pattern on the market that both fits the body and doesn't require altering to get the pattern right.
  • jwnikita likes this

#25 eliste

eliste

Sith Overseer

• Detachment Members
  • 125 posts
  • TKID:
  • Garrison / Outpost:
    Ireland Garrison

Posted 19 April 2017 - 12:57 PM

I thought of something else to ask here after using my lightsaber at dueling rehearsal tonight.....my hilt has a covertech wheel on it, and I already have a black covertech clip. Are there any regulations or standards for the clip (color, style, etc)?

I don't believe so. Pretty sure any covertech clip is approvable.
  • jwnikita likes this

#26 jwnikita

jwnikita

Acolyte

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Garrison / Outpost:

Posted 20 April 2017 - 05:56 PM

Look what I bought today! Both on sale, fabric was 14.99/yd and the pattern was 1.99!!

#27 jwnikita

jwnikita

Acolyte

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Garrison / Outpost:

Posted 20 April 2017 - 05:57 PM

Look what I bought today! Both on sale, fabric was 14.99/yd and the pattern was 1.99!!

1248be7b5d55e03b711e8dc6bde71dd6.jpg

• eliste and kellibelle1918 like this

#28 jwnikita

jwnikita

Acolyte

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Garrison / Outpost:

Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:46 AM

Got the new LED for my lightsaber along with a purple day blade. Not sure how well you can tell the color from the picture but it is a violet amethyst. The second pick is with the day blade, sort of reminds me of a black light.
91e141f5fbc8aa95d4b62bdcd3be7274.jpg2ded05a5854cec93238c721b91752329.jpg

• eliste likes this

#29 jwnikita

jwnikita

Acolyte

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Garrison / Outpost:

Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:48 AM

No I do have a question that I'm hoping some of you can help me with. What are the dimensions for the assassin style blaster? I want to make sure that the person I commissioned to make it has the correct information. Also regarding the Cape, what fabric did you use and was there any pattern in particular that you used for it?

#30 eliste

eliste

Sith Overseer

• Detachment Members
  • 125 posts
  • TKID:
  • Garrison / Outpost:
    Ireland Garrison

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:26 PM

No I do have a question that I'm hoping some of you can help me with. What are the dimensions for the assassin style blaster? I want to make sure that the person I commissioned to make it has the correct information. Also regarding the Cape, what fabric did you use and was there any pattern in particular that you used for it?

As far as I know, there is no specific dimensions required for the holdout blaster. I should be small enough that when placed at your back it either isn't seen at all or only a small amount. So, small.

I'm making my new cape out of curtain material I found and liked. I know some have used linen. There isn't a required type of material, just colour requirements. No pattern as yet as it's all waiting at home to be washed and then I'm going to freehand it by draping it.

#31 jwnikita

jwnikita

Acolyte

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Garrison / Outpost:

Posted 22 April 2017 - 09:59 PM

I bought these today. I think they'll work
6c894b60b04c47282a42fb942c5821dc.jpg

Also bought this linens shower curtain to see if it will work for the Cape. Much cheaper than raw silk.
1b292699120a59c33105ceef3fb45534.jpgaea3d7c54606c417df81aa756fe3e861.jpg

Thoughts?

#32 eliste

eliste

Sith Overseer

• Detachment Members
  • 125 posts
  • TKID:
  • Garrison / Outpost:
    Ireland Garrison

Posted 23 April 2017 - 04:18 AM

The goggles are almost identical to mine, so those should be ok!

I hate making decisions on fabric when all I have are online photos, but the color looks good. Will depend on how it looks when you get it really.
  • jwnikita likes this

#33 jwnikita

jwnikita

Acolyte

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Garrison / Outpost:

Posted 24 April 2017 - 10:03 AM

So the shower curtain arrive today and is decidedly not fabric at all even though the description said it was fabric. It is plastic. So back to the drawing board. The goggles are great though.