• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

General Grievous WIP

Glenk

This is just a, is it possible?  thread for now.

Hi Guys, this has been dawning on me for the past couple of years, and I think I might get started on this.  I know Puppetry isn't allowed, but this thread I'm going to be trying a few tricks and things to make it not puppetry.  My inspiration for starting this, is the seeing the cybernetic Darth Maul Costumer in action (his legs are wicked cool).  So I figure I can possibly do something similar to what he did.  My first plan of attack is to figure out the legs, i'll most certainty need to use digitigraded stilts.  I'll post concept images soon.

Update: 3/30/17

8pgWG0x.jpg

I think the key to the thighs is to make them wider, and thicker, and make them kinda like a cage to go around and on top of the thigh, kinda like a clam shell.

Another form of inspiration i'm using is the Star Wars Sagas 2006 General Grievous figure, it has a more thicker and human shape to it.

The-Saga-Collection-General-Grievous_Big

I wont actually be able to get to the actual building until May, so for now its just planning and figuring everything out.  

Greetings! While we don't deter anyone from making whatever costumes they love, I don't believe that he would be approvable. There have been a few people to submit for it, but the 501st deemed Grievous not doable, ore as a prop than a character due to proportions and missing body areas. It pretty much goes for every droid say for 4-LOM.

My friend did Grievous, but he's not a costume. More like a giant puppet and my friend is hidden in the cape. It's very cool, but probably the only way it could be done and "look right". Otherwise his movements look too human, imo.

That being said, you can always build it without getting approved! Would love to see another version.