KahnP

Acolyte

• Detachment Members
  • 19 posts
  • TKID:13300
  • Garrison / Outpost:
    United Kingdom Garrison

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:10 AM

Unlocked Nihilus last night and noticed that interestingly he has a different costume to normal.

My question is simple, do people think that GoH costumes should be clearable as well?

I've not looked into the others to much to be honest so the other characters may not have different costumes to normal.

#2 Yankee71

Yankee71

Detachment XO

• Detachment XO
  • 367 posts
  • Name:Satya C. Bailey
  • TKID:11671
  • Garrison / Outpost:
    German Garrison
  • Squad:Custodes Euroi Squad
  • 501st Legion Profile

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:09 PM

Unlocked Nihilus last night and noticed that interestingly he has a different costume to normal.

My question is simple, do people think that GoH costumes should be clearable as well?

I've not looked into the others to much to be honest so the other characters may not have different costumes to normal.

Nihilus in GoH, is Darth Nihilus (KOTOR II) not Darth Nihilus (COTF) if that is what you are talking about?.

What does "a different costume to normal" even mean?

Rather small images and not very detailed to use as a source for building a costume. imo

Edited by Yankee71, 20 March 2017 - 02:11 PM.

Satya C. Bailey
SL - 11671 - Starkiller (hoth)
DZ - 11671 - Malakili (Rancor Keeper)
DZ - 11671 - Jawa

The Flagship Eclipse Detachment XO 2017-

#3 KahnP

KahnP

Acolyte

• Detachment Members
  • 19 posts
  • Garrison / Outpost:
    United Kingdom Garrison

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:26 PM

I know its the KoToR version, but if you look closely, he's got random wrist guards.

A different costume to normal means...Well...Pretty self explanatory really, when you think of Nihilus you think of KoToR or CoTF version. Therefore anything else would be different to what you would normally expect :)

#4 Yankee71

Yankee71

Detachment XO

• Detachment XO
  • 367 posts
  • Garrison / Outpost:
    German Garrison
  • 501st Legion Profile

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:26 PM

I know its the KoToR version, but if you look closely, he's got random wrist guards.

A different costume to normal means...Well...Pretty self explanatory really, when you think of Nihilus you think of KoToR or CoTF version. Therefore anything else would be different to what you would normally expect :)

There lies the problems, and why I don't think this game is a credible source of reference, as the details are not clear enough to make out, because the quality of details is low, and the image itself is too small.

Wrist guards? All I see are his gloves, and his shirt sleeve are bunched up before the gloves.

Satya C. Bailey
DZ - 11671 - Jawa

#5 kracker98

kracker98

CRL Team

• Detachment Officers
  • 110 posts
  • TKID:17878
  • Garrison / Outpost:
    Central Garrison
  • Squad:Minnesota Wolf Pack

Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:46 PM

I personally don't see any difference.

Blane Pierson
SL 17878
Darth Nihilus

The Flagship Eclipse - CRL Team

#6 KahnP

KahnP

Acolyte

• Detachment Members
  • 19 posts
  • Garrison / Outpost:
    United Kingdom Garrison

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:56 PM

Debate over then, not enough detail ;)

#7 DTCorvus

DTCorvus

Sith Apprentice

• Detachment Members
  • 55 posts
  • Name:Thomas Newman
  • TKID:13770
  • Garrison / Outpost:
    Golden Gate Garrison
  • 501st Legion Profile

Posted 05 June 2017 - 12:04 AM

Debate over then, not enough detail ;)

Can you provide pictures of this version? Not everyone has the game and frankly I've never heard of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#8 xCUNHAx

xCUNHAx

Acolyte

• Detachment Members
  • 20 posts
  • TKID:13186
  • Garrison / Outpost:
    Portuguese Outpost

Posted 05 June 2017 - 10:04 AM

I know the question wasn't meant for me, but just trying to help a "brother" Nihilus ('cause, like Legion, we are many! eheh)

darth-nihilus-750x410.png

And here is a small video of the game:

https://www.youtube....h?v=T_nkDEmOE8s

#9 DarthValkyria

DarthValkyria

Her Sithness

• Detachment Leader
  • 482 posts
  • Name:Nina
  • TKID:26272
  • Garrison / Outpost:
    Dewback Ridge Garrison
  • 501st Legion Profile

Posted 05 June 2017 - 10:08 AM

I see the differences in the details, though I'm not sure that they are worth a new costume vs. alternative options to the existing KOTOR II. It doesn't matter much though unless you can get a full 360 degree view of it, as the back is an unknown.

"Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things Revan… and yet you are nothing. In the end you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone."-Darth Malak
SL 26272, Darth Revan, Dewback Ridge Garrison
Villainworks Limited Partner

#10 DTCorvus

DTCorvus

Sith Apprentice

• Detachment Members
  • 55 posts
  • Garrison / Outpost:
    Golden Gate Garrison
  • 501st Legion Profile

Posted 05 June 2017 - 10:49 AM

I see the differences in the details, though I'm not sure that they are worth a new costume vs. alternative options to the existing KOTOR II. It doesn't matter much though unless you can get a full 360 degree view of it, as the back is an unknown.

The back of the CotF version was unknown and it got through using the KOTOR II model. There really isn't too many differences but there are differences. One could easily make the costume and try to apply.

#11 Yankee71

Yankee71

Detachment XO

• Detachment XO
  • 367 posts
  • Garrison / Outpost:
    German Garrison
  • 501st Legion Profile

Posted 05 June 2017 - 01:30 PM

I play the game, I am quite familiar with the graphics, you can also spin the character around.

I already said my piece, I think the graphics are too poor quality to use for reference materials.

I am not going to beat a dead horse.

You are more than welcome to try anything you want to.

I don't see where poorer quality reference materials. to what we already have in the CRL will do to help you, but knock yourself out.

Satya C. Bailey
DZ - 11671 - Jawa

#12 DarthValkyria

DarthValkyria

Her Sithness

• Detachment Leader
  • 482 posts
  • Garrison / Outpost:
    Dewback Ridge Garrison
  • 501st Legion Profile

Posted 06 June 2017 - 07:50 PM

The back of the CotF version was unknown and it got through using the KOTOR II model. There really isn't too many differences but there are differences. One could easily make the costume and try to apply.

COTF was also approved before current 360 rules were implemented and was an amalgamation of the box art, the minifig, and the inaccurately referenced Sith Legends figure that used parts of COTF but was not COTF, especially with its shoulder bells and split skirt style when it was still a rule of 3 for references. Technically, there should not have been an approvable COTF given that none of the references actually match and were combined in parts to make a single costume.
  • DTCorvus likes this

"Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things Revan… and yet you are nothing. In the end you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone."-Darth Malak

#13 DTCorvus

DTCorvus

Sith Apprentice

• Detachment Members
  • 55 posts
  • Garrison / Outpost:
    Golden Gate Garrison
  • 501st Legion Profile

Posted 14 June 2017 - 09:44 PM

COTF was also approved before current 360 rules were implemented and was an amalgamation of the box art, the minifig, and the inaccurately referenced Sith Legends figure that used parts of COTF but was not COTF, especially with its shoulder bells and split skirt style when it was still a rule of 3 for references. Technically, there should not have been an approvable COTF given that none of the references actually match and were combined in parts to make a single costume.

I now know this after all the research I've been doing with the character. I've been having issues with approval because different people have different interpretations of the CRL.

#14 DarthValkyria

DarthValkyria

Her Sithness

• Detachment Leader
  • 482 posts
  • Garrison / Outpost:
    Dewback Ridge Garrison
  • 501st Legion Profile

Posted 15 June 2017 - 09:48 AM

I now know this after all the research I've been doing with the character. I've been having issues with approval because different people have different interpretations of the CRL.

Yeah, the new CRL should be coming out here shortly with a clearer cut idea so as to keep everything more fluid and easier to understand.

• DTCorvus likes this

#15 Nefthys

Nefthys

Detachment Costume Mentor

• Detachment Officers
  • 459 posts
  • TKID:4945

Posted 20 June 2017 - 03:09 PM

There are 3 key differences between KOTOR Nihilus and the one in GoH.

- Mask has gold detail instead of silver

- Padded or layered gauntlets over the gloves

- Added hip fabric that flows separately from his normal robes

The 4th potential difference that is currently being debated is if the front panel of fabric is a separate piece that is over the robes (like a tabard), or part of the robes as normal and the game model is just wonky. 

Now if these differences mean having a totally new costume for Nihilus, then go for it. Or, it can be a variant on the already existing KOTOR CRL. I personally could see this being a whole new CRL due to the differences, but that is just my 2 cents. It comes down to if someone likes the costume, then make it! Have fun and do a cool character. :) 

Darth Nihilus
SL-4945
Badlands Garrison

Merchandising Officer

#16 DarthValkyria

DarthValkyria

Her Sithness

• Detachment Leader
  • 482 posts
  • Garrison / Outpost:
    Dewback Ridge Garrison
  • 501st Legion Profile

Posted 25 June 2017 - 01:38 AM

^yep, yep, and yep!

If you like a costume, don't ever let approval stop you from making it.
  • DTCorvus likes this