• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Darth Zannah

Delta-98

Hello,

I hope this finds you all doing great!

Can anyone please point me to any references for making a Darth Zannah?

I have a friend who would like to start one

Thanks!

Searching Wookieepedia may be the best way to start for reference images.  You could also just try searching on Google to see if anyone else has made a costume.  I'm not sure if anyone has attempted this costume before within the Legion.

A member of my Garrison has been researching Darth Zannah and has been unable to find enough resources, even after purchasing the comics. She said that there was not enough description about her outfit, neither were there enough drawings - only headshots. 

I would love to see this character created into costume, and given a CRL! So if you find anything substantial references to create a CRL please post about them! 

Ok, 

We have been chatting about this for a few days now and we have some ideas that I am going to share here with you, please feel free to comment, correct, recommend anything you feel or can interpret in a different way than us.

I would much rather have my friend post, but she tried and the system will not let her, she is not a member of the 501st yet.

With that said, here we go.

In another note, English is not my primary language, so I might not be able to use the exact word to describe a certain piece of the costume, I will do my best on this.

We are thinking about using already approved costumes as an aid to figure out this one since the reference pictures are very, very limited.

1.- The hood, in the front, it seems to have some kind of ring, similar to the rings or rolls we see on couch pads,  also, the is a sewing division a few inches away for the ring, and it seems there is no center sewing making the hood look like one piece.  Kind of like Kylo Ren's.  The ring, is much smaller or thinner than the reference picture I am adding below.

2.- The hood seems to be one piece, and I think it could either be individual or a Hood/Cape thing.

Darth%20Zannah%20Hood%201.jpg

This is the idea, sorry for the poor reference...

Couch%20Roll%20Close%20Up.jpg

3.- On this next reference, the hood, cape, Kama seem to be three different pieces of cloth.

Darth%20Zannah%201.jpg  Darth%20Zannah%202.jpg

4.- It looks as if it would fall on the back, and it should be tucked into the front piece (corset?) just as Revan's.

A.- Hood, tucked into the corset.

B.- Cape, it seems that it falls close to the small of the back.

C.- Inner Cape, falling up to knee level?

D.- Kama, wrapped around the waist and opened on front. V shape.

5.- The inner tunic seems to be similar to a Jedi, Kimono like style, but just a shirt not falling under the waist.

6.- The corset is giving us a hard time to figure out, we thought about doing it out of a leather like material, and the details by using a harder material to give it high relief look?  this additional material would be attached to the corset, perhaps glued.

7.- The corset like piece seems to fall under the bust and it seems to be an individual piece, here is a picture of my friend and a little something she did some time ago trying to mimic Zannah's style. We are using this as a base and she will make the necessary changes.

8.- No zippers or anything visible on the front side, so our plan is to add a zipper or anything else on the back side.

Carmine%20Zannah%20Attempt%20for%20Refer

7.- Zannah seems to be using some kind of Bracelets, our plan is to use Darth Revan's as a reference since the design is very similar, including the small rings that show on the picture.  The general idea for this is to create the bracelets by using PVC tubes, make the cones and then add the rings.  We plan to make them completely seamless. 

She is going to make some patterns for the corset before investing on any materials, as we are waiting for your feedback/advise/comments before moving forward.

Thanks for your support on this.

Edited by Delta-98

Good morning.

Does anyone has any comments about what we are planning to do?  I would like to get a feedback about our assessment of this character before there is any build taking place.

Thank you! 

Here are my opinions of the costume, I hope they help.

1. The hood definitely has a bead around the edge of the opening, though I wouldn't say it's a pronounced as the couch cushion.  It also definitely has a seam forming a large ring close to the opening.

2. You can see that there looks to be 2 capes, one smaller than the other, but without seeing the back it's hard to tell how the smaller one drapes, or is connected.  The one cape looks like it is tied in a knot around her neck, almost a little similar to Darth Nihilus.

3. She is wearing a cross over style tunic with baggy sleeves that are stuffed into the bracelets she's wearing.

4. She has a definite bracelet on, but if you look closely at her bent arm it almost looks like there is a pointed armor piece that reaches up to her elbow.

5. The tabards that come out of the bottom of her corset are a little like the loin cloth that Darth Maul wears that attach to hid belt.  You could probably just attach them to the underside of the corset.

6. I'm not sure if she is wearing a hakama or if she has a split skirt.  Without seeing a better image it could be either one.

It definitely looks like you two are on the right track.  I hope you hear back from the illustrators, that would be a huge help.   Also your friend is more than welcome to register for the forums here.  I was not a member of the 501st when I first registered to look for help on my first costume.

I hope this all helps.

• Like 1

Since her entire back side is not visible, it is definitely going to be a struggle to get a complete idea of what it is supposed to look like, and therefore, questionable for approval.

That being said, I would love to see you guys make the costume for your own intent vs just for 501st approval, and having the build threads here would help to get them to the best, "what we know so far" status with the help of our expert builders. This would also allow for slight modifications if full references are ever supplied, making the transition to approvable costume easier in the long run.

Many Thanks!!!

I appreciate the feedback, it is great.

hello, I am the prospective Darth Zannah. I have contacted the illustrator on the Bane series, still have not heard from him. I appreciate the input. Also I have been looking for the book Art of Deception from Jonathon Morris, in this book Zannah hides under a Merchant mercenary disguise along with her apprentice Darth Cognus, and probably has more references. If any of you find it please let me know.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have been working on my Darth Zannah costume based on the few available official pics and books references. I need to know if my concept has any chance of approval or what changes I need to make.fa8cef0afe312c10c232eaf7089d5763.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Would be helpful to see your reference pics, and the parts of the costume you have already made in comparison to the reference pics.

A self drawn pic is not anything we can judge or work with.

Also no Fandom or Cosplay can be used as references.

We need to see a 360° view of the costume, from approved sources, and we can go from there!

I have not seen a full 360° view from approved sources for this costume, so it would be interesting to see what you have found.

Most pics I have seen are with the hood up, and your self made drawing has no hood at all, so I am curious to see what you are using for reference sources.

Edit: Oh and I moved your post to the research area, as you had posted it in the incomplete CRL area, and there is no CRL for this costume.

Then I found that there was already a thread open for this topic that you had already replied to, so I don't understand why you had to start a new topic, with the same theme, in another area of the forums, if you were already a part of the 1st conversation here?

So your topic was merged with the other topic that was already started for the same costume!

Please don't start any more new topic about this costume anywhere else in our forums, but rather, continue the conversation here please!

Edited by Yankee71

As I learned from tbe author of the books, the only official references are the images in the book covers and the descriptions on text. One cover is with the hood (Dynasty of Evil) the other without (Rule of Two). I used the cover of Rule of Two. As you say there are no CRLs approved nor there is a 360 view of her, so the design of the back of her torso is a logical continuation of the front. The black pants and boots as well are from this cover and text reference. I analyzed the art with one member of my garrison.

The skirt in my drawing will not be included in the costume, I will have a hooded cloak like in Dynasty of Evil.

As I learned from tbe author of the books, the only official references are the images in the book covers and the descriptions on text. One cover is with the hood (Dynasty of Evil) the other without (Rule of Two). I used the cover of Rule of Two. As you say there are no CRLs approved nor there is a 360 view of her, so the design of the back of her torso is a logical continuation of the front. The black pants and boots as well are from this cover and text reference. I analyzed the art with one member of my garrison.

The skirt in my drawing will not be included in the costume, I will have a hooded cloak like in Dynasty of Evil.

6fef0ee47f973293e4e6f8f599fef6e0.jpgfe13876b2dc2c177bbefc853b854be29.jpg

With out a complete 360° view of the Character from official sources, the costume will not meet the requirements for approval standards of the 501st.

You are still encouraged to continue your costume, but with out 360° view of the costume, it will not be approved in the 501st.  

Unfortunatly, logical thinking and individual interpretation of how something should look like, is not acceptable in lieu of approved graphics.

With out a complete 360° view of the Character from official sources, the costume will not meet the requirements for approval standards of the 501st.

You are still encouraged to continue your costume, but with out 360° view of the costume, it will not be approved in the 501st.

Unfortunatly, logical thinking and individual interpretation of how something should look like, is not acceptable in lieu of approved graphics.

Thanks for your input, I will definitely continue working on my costume and will incorporate any changes as references or new information is available.