• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Stretching PVC Boots

Teiwaz

Hi I have a pair of plain black PVC equestrian boots for my Nihilus, but they are too tight in the calf. Plan B is just to cut off the top 6 inches of the boot, but I'm looking for options to avoid that. 

PVC doesn't stretch with ice like leather does, but references around the net indicate it can be stretched by heat. Has anyone had any experience stretching PVC boots this way? 

Edited by Teiwaz

Well in the same way that you can use heat to stretch leather you mean?

I have stretched leather with heat, never tried it with PVC.

Other option, take the boots to a shoe repair shop and have them sew in a triangle shaped extension, I have done this with Fake leather boots, worked quite well, extension is added to the inside wall of the boot, not really visible to anyone looking at you.

I just did some research, there saying to use heat on the outside and use a towel or something on the inside to push it out to the desired width. They say use a hair dryer for best results but avoid heat gun because it might melt the boot.

Hope it helps