• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Traitor Barriss

Greetings from New Orleans!

I currently have a Rebel Legion approved Barriss Offee costume that I am interested in adjusting to establish a traitor Barriss costume for entry into the 501st ranks.  I have been using images from the animated Clone Wars show, and current Barriss costume regulations from the Rebel Legion as reference since there is no established CRL for the traitor version of the costume.

Here is the photo album I have of current shots. 

http://s265.photobuc...Traitor Barriss

The one item I am not satisfied with is the head wrap.  In the current photos I am wearing a cap, but I have since made a looser head wrap that opens to the back.  I am working on how to adjust my long hair to stick out the back of the open hair wrap similar to the animated version or I may get a wig to use.

Does anyone know what steps I can take to help get costume regulations for this character or any other advice?  Thank you!

• Like 1

Sounds like a good plan. I'd love to see how you recreate the hair. 

When I've done animated Dooku I've used this to shape my beard to be pointy and match better: 

https://www.amazon.com/Garnier-Fructis-Pliable-Molding-Strong/dp/B00BY9MU86

41FCgJ3AGwL.jpg

Looking good!

Please let me know of any updates if this is approveable as I have done this version and I didn't think it would be clearable as a 501st costume. That was back in 2014 though. 

I've got to re-work the hair too, I managed to do the cap from a balaclava and made an opening at the back, but I wore it with the neck opening over my face because the face hole had a seam running along the top and Barriss' cap doesn't look to have one, I could do with re-working that too though  :-)

It is Sarah, the costume is in the database and has been approved. We'd certainly like to expand the CRL will full-text and images. 

http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:FlagshipEclipse_CRL

and perhaps update the name, from Covert Ops to Traitor. 

• Like 1

Hello, I´m from Spain, I also want to make the suit of Barriss, would like to know if I would serve the crl of the rebel without the hood. And if I put here photos of my advances, could you guide me?

• Like 1

I would love to build a Barris costume too. We can exchange ideas and tips about the costume if you want so build will be easier for both of us.

Cheers,

Montse TR-22623

Spanish Garrison

Hello, I´m from Spain, I also want to make the suit of Barriss, would like to know if I would serve the crl of the rebel without the hood. And if I put here photos of my advances, could you guide me?

Sure. Please share photos. :)

These are the fabric pieces I already have for the top, and even though they don't look like it they're black. Not sure which one would fit best.

The skirt is on the second picture.

IMG-20170329-WA0013.jpg

IMG-20170329-WA0022.jpg

Who is the "they" of which you speak? She is in some scenes where the light makes it brownish, but I wouldn't say that is the natural hue based on any evidence. 

Traitor%20Barriss%202_zps6x2kbxoe.jpg

Here she is seen in low light with a yellow green cast to it. That is from the sabers not the fabric though. 

so... can I use one of these black fabrics for the costume (ribbed middle)... or not? sorry, I didn't get it in that case.. wich one?

and... all fabrics in black (head, top and skirt) would be ok?

This is crl of the rebel legion: Black long-sleeved top made of non shiny material that should appear horizontally ribbed. Top should be fitted and preferred to have a hood but a separate cowl is acceptable to cover and hide the hair. Sleeved come to a point on the hands .

I need to take some update pics of mine but here's where it was last year-

C9ZuD74XoAAIq-w_zpswz8d1a9x.jpg

My hair has changed since then as I've cut it all off and it's too short now so I need to get a decent wig (and some of that gum Michael recommended!) couple of things I changed from my RL version of Barriss was-

*The shirt - it has a 'V' shape stiched into the top of the front panel so I had to make a new one

*The balaclava is seamless so had to make one with the seam on the neckline so it was hidden

My skirt and shirt are both black but the shirt is a different shade of black if that makes sense! 

• Like 1

Hello, I would like to show my improvements. And I have a doubt, I'm finishing the suit, but I do not know what cloth would be better, Wide or narrow stripes? What is your opinion?

WhatsApp%20Image%202017-07-17%20at%2018.