• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Feedback for a newbie

DarthSinistrous

Hello, all. I am hoping that you folks would kindly provide some initial feedback for my Nihilus costume, please. This is my first attempt at a (video game) screen accurate costume and I would really appreciate anything that can help me with approval. I have not completed the belt yet, but thought that getting some feedback now would be helpful.

I really appreciate it. Thanks a million!!

post-1945-0-29054600-1484256631_thumb.jpg

Looks like COTF Nihilus from MWA. The inner and outer dress have a split that should open midline between your legs in front. The way it's worn for the photo it looks a bit skewed to your right. If it's hard to walk without tripping I would shorten the dress at the waist to preserve the weathering at the bottom.

Your GML will want close up photos of your gloves to make sure they fit correctly. I had to buy new gloves because the ones that came with mine were huge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, Tiedoll. The outer skirt certainly got twisted, probably when I was walking down the stairs. Thanks for the suggestion on shortening from the top. My gloves are a little short for the length of my fingers; I may need to address that. Thanks again, I appreciate your comments!

Hi 

From a first look, it looks okay - but it´s hard to say, with only 1 picture from the front. 

Like Tiedoll wrote, your skirt got twisted - that can be fixed easily.

If you could take more pics from all 4 sides, it would be easier to give you some advice  :wink:

You can use photobucket or dropbox and then put a link up in here instead, sorry for not writing that before.

Your sleeves looks a bit big, they could be more form fitted - but I don´t think, that it will be a problem.  

I don´t like the knot in front, it´s placed to high and is twisted to much, a more elegant and simple knot, that are placed a bit lower will work better and give your hood/cape some more volume.

With the leather belt, some shorten in the front of the outer skirt and the knot redone -  I would say, you´re good to go  :wink:

First off, Tiedoll, most excellent TKID. Great minds think alike! ~_^

I was reading some great reviews of Wicked Armor's Nihilus build and was looking into using it as my jumping off point as well. From what I've seen of yours, DarthSinistrous, it looks pretty good so far! I was curious if your inner skirt was attached to the inner tunic, or did you have to attach it together yourself? 

First off, Tiedoll, most excellent TKID. Great minds think alike! ~_^

I was reading some great reviews of Wicked Armor's Nihilus build and was looking into using it as my jumping off point as well. From what I've seen of yours, DarthSinistrous, it looks pretty good so far! I was curious if your inner skirt was attached to the inner tunic, or did you have to attach it together yourself? 

Ah thank you 64 :D

The inner skirt of MWA's Nihilus is sewn into the outer skirt at the belt loop. Just weave a good belt through it and you can wear the whole set of skirts in one go. You also get a ribbed long sleeved tunic closed at the front with velcro, and you wear 2 sleeveless tunics on top of the ribbed tunic. Tunics are closed with a belt obi tied at the lower back, then a leather Nihilus belt on top of the obi.