• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Generic Sith

mattnelson521

This is kind of off topic and im not sure where it would be best to post it or even if this is a thing but why doesn’t the 501st offer a Generic Sith option for a costume? The rebel legion has a generic jedi. I think it would be pretty cool if there could be something similar for a Generic Sith. Obviously there would be standards that need to be followed but I think it would be pretty cool to have as an option and interesting to see what people come up with. 

Anyways just wondering. 

Unfortunately the 501st doesn't have a Generic Sith like the RL has Generic Jedi.  Every character in the 501st needs to have a reference (movie, game, comic, etc).

There is another club, The Dark Empire, which does allow Generic Sith, but that's all I know, I'm not a member.

I didnt know about the Dark Empire. I'll have to check that out. Although im guessing they cant troop witht he 501st. 

Good afternoon,

I will be happy to challenge the notion that non canon Sith cannot troop with 501st at events.

(This was from last year at the staging area for the televised Dragon*Parade.

29534616252_e72022ba98_z.jpg

Forsooth, 501st and Dark Empire characters troop together in the same way we would with the Mandalorian Mercs and Rebel Legion.

Different communities, all costumes, all good.

Sith have too many varying personalities and styles to be able to tie down a single, approvable CRL for it. The Jedi have it easy since they technically work well together and are unified under specific teachings and whatnot (at least majority since there are always exceptions) while the Sith all sort of did their own thing and didn't really have much of a "school" aspect to theirs (academies aside since aside from the acolytes, there are no solid references to having some sort of "dress code"). It's similar to Jedi going to a university to follow one of a handful of degrees that have all been planned out by a board of education and whatnot, vs the Sith pretty much all being trained by tradesmen with every master teaching their apprentice their own special flavor and ways of doing things, and spanning a much larger spectrum of possibilities.

I would so be thrilled if the 501st would consider a Generic Sith!    :))

Opening the door to "Generic Sith" membership in the 501st, would open the door to costumes that don't meet any standards of quality and could be any sort of thrown together anything.  I have seen many Generic Sith costumes posted online, some are top notch well made and designed costumes, others are thrown together and look like crap in comparison to 501st standards, where do you draw the line?

2 different clubs trooping together is one thing, allowing "Generic Sith" into the 501st is quite something different.

Costumes in the 501st require reference material to compare to, and then to make a CRL for said costume, so Generic would not work in the 501st, under our current setup and rules.