• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Makeup removal from costume

Medic65

As the title suggests, I need help removing makeup from a costume. The makeup is blue, the costume is white. Pretty sure it's a garbadine(sp) or polyester material. The make up is a water base. I sweated a bit too much and will, left a bit of makeup behind on the material. I tried dry cleaning(home kit) but that only made it much much worse. The makeup bled through and spread out. I don't know what else to do. Not sure what to try, don't want to make it even worse. I need suggestions, please.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Get yourself a grease fighting liquid soap like Dawn Dish Soap and begin by blotting the stain with a clean tissue to remove any excess color. Next, spritz the stain with clean water, but don't soak the fabric. Gently rub a drop of the soap onto the stain and let it sit for 10-15 minutes.   -Taken from Google

I have some stuff at home that I have used to remove makeup and appliance adhesives (prosaide and beta bond) from my face/body. I used it once to remove makeup from a costume...but it was not such a drastic color difference like you have (it was a blue-black mix from a light brown shirt). It worked fine on that, but not sure it would help getting a blue out of white.

It is called super solv by Telesis ( http://www.fxwarehouse.info/product/21055.html ). It is really for removing adhesives, but it is fantastic at removing makeup. Does not burn my skin (they also have one for sensitive skin, but I have never had a need to try it) and leaves a slightly "oily" feel after you use it. The pump spray they send with the smaller bottles is not very good, though. It sprays in a stream. I usually buy the refill bottle and use a cheap spray bottle from wal-mart so it mists out. Makeup just sort of dissolves on contact...so be ready with a towel. Wash with soap after using and you are clean and makeup free in no time  :)