Medic65

Acolyte

• 501st Members
  • 16 posts
  • TKID:
  • Garrison / Outpost:
    Garrison Carida

Posted 30 December 2016 - 05:38 PM

As the title suggests, I need help removing makeup from a costume. The makeup is blue, the costume is white. Pretty sure it's a garbadine(sp) or polyester material. The make up is a water base. I sweated a bit too much and will, left a bit of makeup behind on the material. I tried dry cleaning(home kit) but that only made it much much worse. The makeup bled through and spread out. I don't know what else to do. Not sure what to try, don't want to make it even worse. I need suggestions, please.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

#2 Glenk

Glenk

Sith Apprentice

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 07:51 PM

Get yourself a grease fighting liquid soap like Dawn Dish Soap and begin by blotting the stain with a clean tissue to remove any excess color. Next, spritz the stain with clean water, but don't soak the fabric. Gently rub a drop of the soap onto the stain and let it sit for 10-15 minutes.   -Taken from Google

#3 Medic65

Medic65

Acolyte

• 501st Members
  • 16 posts
  • TKID:
  • Garrison / Outpost:
    Garrison Carida

Posted 31 December 2016 - 10:12 AM

Thank you

#4 Medic65

Medic65

Acolyte

• 501st Members
  • 16 posts
  • TKID:
  • Garrison / Outpost:
    Garrison Carida

Posted 04 January 2017 - 09:32 PM

This doesn't work. I tried scrubbing with tide and bleach. I tired shout stain remover. It's better, but still definitely noticeable.

#5 eliste

eliste

Sith Overseer

• Detachment Members
  • 106 posts
  • TKID:
  • Garrison / Outpost:
    Indonesia Outpost

Posted 05 January 2017 - 07:12 AM

What is the exact kind of makeup?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#6 Medic65

Medic65

Acolyte

• 501st Members
  • 16 posts
  • TKID:
  • Garrison / Outpost:
    Garrison Carida

Posted 05 January 2017 - 01:11 PM

The bottle says "Cutsom Body Art".  It came with my airbrushing kit.  This is the link for it http://www.tcpglobal...ategory=3414107

I am waiting feedback from the company on their suggestions. 

#7 BedlamX

BedlamX

Sith Apprentice

• Detachment Members
  • 63 posts
  • LocationKansas
  • TKID:
  • Garrison / Outpost:
    70th Explorers Garrison

Posted 03 February 2017 - 12:16 PM

I have some stuff at home that I have used to remove makeup and appliance adhesives (prosaide and beta bond) from my face/body. I used it once to remove makeup from a costume...but it was not such a drastic color difference like you have (it was a blue-black mix from a light brown shirt). It worked fine on that, but not sure it would help getting a blue out of white.

It is called super solv by Telesis ( http://www.fxwarehou...duct/21055.html ). It is really for removing adhesives, but it is fantastic at removing makeup. Does not burn my skin (they also have one for sensitive skin, but I have never had a need to try it) and leaves a slightly "oily" feel after you use it. The pump spray they send with the smaller bottles is not very good, though. It sprays in a stream. I usually buy the refill bottle and use a cheap spray bottle from wal-mart so it mists out. Makeup just sort of dissolves on contact...so be ready with a towel. Wash with soap after using and you are clean and makeup free in no time  :)

#8 Gigglesdatropper

Gigglesdatropper

Acolyte

• Detachment Officers
  • 45 posts
  • LocationBangkok
  • TKID:
  • Garrison / Outpost:
    Thailand Garrison

Posted 24 February 2017 - 01:04 AM

Is the make up water or alcohol base??