• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Waiting...again

DTCorvus

I really hate the waiting game. I submitted over a week ago and it's killing me. I am surmising that since I haven't heard from the GML my app is being processed higher on up. I've made all the fixes that were put my way and I have my fingers crossed.

Just keep yourself busy and try not to stew on it. I know it's super anxiety but you'll hear back! Took my Revan app an entire month haha it's probably like mine where it's getting close to the holidays and people are pretty busy. Hang tight!

Mine took just short of two weeks to be approved.  Also, depending on how familiar your GML is with your particular costume, they may be reaching out to the respective detachment for advice.  I know our GML has said that there are only a handful of costumes he's comfortable with approving without consulting with the detachments as there are over 300 different costumes in the Legion.

We've all been there.  Hang in there and looking forward to seeing you join our ranks!

The only reason I say this is that the GML I have been working with has a Darth Nihilus approved costume and this is my 5th attempt at subitting. I'm figuring it is at a higher level since he hasn't gotten back to me with any new fixes.

Good evening,

In most cases you can attend the same troop as approved Legion members—most events are public. The ones that are 501st members only frequently have character request lists that preclude Expanded Universe. (That is just the way the holocron bounces.)

I am currently working to expand the Darth Nihilus COTF costume reference library entry to allow for hoods that gather in the back. This may seem like minutia but apparently it has been enough to defer some costume approvals. Like all things, it is a process.
15167663_10154830233889623_1360977446123
I recommend sharing your current submission photos here, in this thread, for reference.

Be well,
Thomas

Here are the pics I submitted to the GML of GGG for my 5th attempt. They are both arms up/down and close ups of the hood crown, belt/obi and knot. These were requested by the GML that I send all of those to him.  

Front

Front 2

Right

Right 2

Back

Back 2

Left

Left 2

Mask off

Close up hood and mask

Belt close up

Knit and folds

Since this thread was started I have gotten a response from the GML about my application;

"There are a few more things that will need some correcting. The cat ears look much better though. 

- Your obi looks wider than it should be. Might be the layers. Should be about 4" wide. Can you get a close up with a tape measure for me?

- Your belt also looks wide. Should be about 2" wide. Same thing, just want to confirm the size. 

- Hood/cape looks to be 2 pieces with the under fold on your shoulders. It should be 1 piece and drape straight down from the top of the head. Where it comes over the shoulders it shouldn't have a fold in the material. 

- Cape weathering doesn't match the front weathering. It appears to be cut straight across the bottom and has holes burned into it that have left ash residue. I would recommend matching the weathering on the front of the costume and then dying the entire cape so the blacks all match. It also looks like the cape has turned blue in spots. The heavy weathering along the bottom edge that you have on the front should match the back for a more uniform look. 

Everything else looks in good order so far. "

As requested, I am waiting to hear back about the vote about the hood and that I do not at this time attempt to do the fixes that the GML has suggested. As it stands I don't think that 2016 will be my year for the 501st.