• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

My Wife's Mara Jumpsuit...Question

DTCorvus

Jumpsuit

This is my wife's Mara Jade jumpsuit. We got it from a seamstress on etsy for C7 and now we are getting her ready to apply for the 501st and RL. I would like to know if this jumpsuit would be approvable or not. The CRL does state that the meterial is medium sheen but what does that mean? 

I'm afraid that without seeing it on her it's difficult to know if it will be accepted as its about fit as well as everything else.

Medium sheen means it has a slight shine to it. I'm not sure from the photo uploaded whether or not it has this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good afternoon,

The nice thing about a completed Costume Reference Library entry is it comes with visual examples.
500px-SL-mara-blacksuit-full.jpeg

To further illustrate, here are two examples of the level of sheen looked for in the ideal Mara Jade Black Body suit;
DS2214.jpg DS9997.jpg
Approval of variation in this realm is ultimately the responsibility of your Garrison Membership Liaison, with advise from Detachment Leaders as sought.

Note the cut of the body suit. The Vertical ribbing and diagonal leg batting is considered a priority for this character.