• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Starkiller Darklord Questions

Erekyu

Hello,

I am getting ready to start my Starkiller Darklord costume first part being the helmet and other armor, I see some great costumes being done and am trying to find out what colors you guys used when painting the helmet and armor.

I am also trying to see what jump suit you guys are buying with the quilts and spacing or if you are having them made?

Thank you in advance!

Helmet and shoulders I bought from MyWickedArmor.com

Helmet was $400 finished, Shoulders were $375 if I remember right.

Also another guy on FB trying to make a run of 12 helmets (kits) and was looking for 2 more people to buy in.  Have a look around FB.

Leather shirt and pants I bought from Claudio: https://www.facebook.com/swtoys.argentina/?pnref=lhc

Please note: Claudio just had a death in the family, so probably not reachable for at least a few weeks.

Note: fake leather wont hold up after a couple days of trooping, go with real leather.

Edited by Yankee71

Helmet and shoulders I bought from MyWickedArmor.com

Helmet was $400 finished, Shoulders were $375 if I remember right.

Also another guy on FB trying to make a run of 12 helmets (kits) and was looking for 2 more people to buy in. Have a look around FB.

Leather shirt and pants I bought from Claudio: https://www.facebook.com/swtoys.argentina/?pnref=lhc

Please note: Claudio just had a death in the family, so probably not reachable for at least a few weeks.

Note: fake leather wont hold up after a couple days of trooping, go with real leather.

Thank you for responded I had a lot happen between when I posted this and now, but I found a helmet and I'm working on that. I messages the person you linked about the shirt and pants.

b0247ac4948ec1f8b754f10c911dbfeb.jpg

This is the current state of my helmet, I am trying to find someone who sells the shoulders now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello guys, i'm new and i'm starting to see what costume im going to make, but i want to do a Starkiller and wanted to do this one.
I already contacted MyWickedArmor but its too expensive to me.
Where did you found that helmet Jen'jidai?

Hello guys, i'm new and i'm starting to see what costume im going to make, but i want to do a Starkiller and wanted to do this one.
Where did you found that helmet Erekyu?

That is pretty much the cost you'll find across the board for well made EU characters who's armor does not consist of easily vac formed shapes unless you make your own, which often costs even more due to R&D and materials.

Where did you found that helmet Erekyu?

This is one of the more expensive costumes.  If you are having issues with paying $400 for the helmet, you will never finish this costume! 

I think Grand total my costume cost some where in the neighborhood of $3,500 - $4,000.  

Keep in mind I am in Germany, and had to pay a lot of import taxes on stuff shipped from out side the EU, but still, it all adds up quickly.

$400 for a Helmet is the least of your worries with this costume.

$600-$800 for the leather suit

$375 for the shoulders (if you can find someone selling them even)

$400 Light Saber

and

and

and

If you don't want to invest lots of money, make a Jawa costume, you can make the whole costume yourself for $200 or pay someone and get the whole costume for less than $500.

This is the current state of my helmet, I am trying to find someone who sells the shoulders now

For the shoulders, imo the best option is Rob at MWA, but last I heard I bought his last set and it was going to be a year or so till he thought he was going to make any more.

But just for you I have been looking for another source for the shoulders.

https://www.facebook.com/Axoniselab/?hc_location=ufi

Check out that guys FB page, He is in Hong Kong, apparently he makes the shoulders on a 3D printer.  You will have to get in contact with him about price, availability, and wait time.

But at least I found you a 2nd option!

For the shoulders, imo the best option is Rob at MWA, but last I heard I bought his last set and it was going to be a year or so till he thought he was going to make any more.

But just for you I have been looking for another source for the shoulders.

https://www.facebook.com/Axoniselab/?hc_location=ufi

Check out that guys FB page, He is in Hong Kong, apparently he makes the shoulders on a 3D printer. You will have to get in contact with him about price, availability, and wait time.

But at least I found you a 2nd option!

Thank you so much!!

How does my helmet look?

930aa73abf6bda38c3e21ad47045d530.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How does my helmet look?

Check out my Build post, page 3 somewhere in the middle, to see my helmet: 

http://www.theflagshipeclipse.com/forums/index.php?/topic/1918-starkiller-dark-lords-armor-hoth/page-3

Looks good, I would add the yellow weathered pin stripes you can see on mine, to give it more details.