• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Revan Helmet(and stuff)

Mysta

Hello! I was just finishing up my helmet, probably a bit more weathering first. And wanted to get some opinions, are there any strict guidelines for helmet approval? I know there's not a ton of consistency in his mask/helmet style - especially based off of KOTOR as his model was such a low res back then.

Anyway, any weathering tips or other thoughts? Thanks!

983qjLKl.jpg

Looks cool. Is it the mask or full helmet? I think I've heard of some full helmets being denied, but ultimately it's up to your GML. Have you talked with them about it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a full helmet, how do I find my GML?

If you combine the EUs into a single, "majority" decision, it was a mask.

The comics explain it being a mask of a female Mando who died at the hands of Mandalore the Ultimate for trying to defend the Cathar from unarmed genocide, yet the next panel shows a full helmet design.

Revanfindsmaskblank.JPG

Revans_mask_4.JPG

In KOTOR, you could obtain the mask that looks like Revan's and is called the Sith Mask, and yet Yuthura Ban refers to Revan as always wearing a full helmet. Before the comics, there was a mod for KOTOR 2 that you could use to make yourself look like Darth Revan that had a lot of inaccurate details that were incorrectly placed as "game file" references instead of a mod, and one of those details was a helmet design vs a mask. Even Meetra Surik explains it as a mask.

Is SWTOR, they show it as a mask, and Revan has the bolt marks on his face in the shape of the mask design vs a helmet, and the Revan outfit in the expansion has it listed as a mask.

Revan_remains.png

download.jpg

Also, in the book, it is referred to as a mask, and explains him wearing the mask when he confronts the Emperor on Drommund Kaas.

So, the short answer would be, technically, you can argue either way, but mask is "more accurate". When arguing EU, that should be taken with a grain of salt, even for me, and I am kind of a Revan nazi with his costume. It's preference with the proper references. The issue comes in the colors or shape of the face front, where there are very obvious parts that need to be present that some who build their own do not include.

Edited by DarthValkyria
  • Like 1