• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Darth Nihilus boots help

Littbuff

Hello all,

Would these boots be acceptable for approval?

I know they have that zipper in the bank. So I was curious if that would make them unaprovable 

Thanks!!! :boss:  :fixer:  :rc:

https://www.amazon.com/Funtasma-Mens-Hero-100-Engineer/dp/B001AGYX3S/ref=cts_sh_2_vtp?psc=1

The skirts and cape should almost reach the ground behind you, so they should hide the zipper in the back pretty well. My zipper is on the inner side and they were approved. Personally, I prefer the boots you linked..

Hi

The CRL states :  

Boots
For 501st approval:

• Plain black boots are worn.
  • They have no visible straps, buckles, or laces. 

So, as to the zipper - if it´s not visible from behind or when you move - then they should be fine, otherwise you could put a piece of leather/fake leather over the zipper with a velcro closure - like a biker scout boot to hide it.

Edited by Heavy1973

Yeah I would still run the design by your Garrison GML before buying it, as each one has their own preference. Mine, for example, said the outsole and heel of my original boots were not simple enough in design. So I just bought Jack boots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello! You can basically 'cheap out" on the boots as you never see them.. gmls do not tend to ask for photos. I have a friend who is 5'6 and he successfully wears 6 inch risers and no one notices cause the skirts are so full

Actual jack boots are very expensive. If you do not want to pay for those, there are alternatives out there that are close and not as pricy. 

Have you looked at Imperial Boots yet? They sell their own version of a jack boot that is approvable and not as costly as originals. 

http://www.imperialboots.com/product/jackboots/