• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Darth Revan costume - Making sure I've got it right

Token Bastard

So my buddy's production company is providing the funding I need to complete a Darth Revan costume to join the 501st. Had a couple questions to make sure I'm doing this right and can get approved without issue with my local chapter.

Is the costume created by WickedArmor seen here approved for use in the 501st? https://www.etsy.com/listing/201834376/darth-revan-costume-inspired-by-star

If so, the one thing the guy doesn't provide are boots. Is there a generally-accepted boot type that goes well with the costume that I should be looking into? Comfort is a big one for me, and I'd prefer a boot type that I might feasibly be able to find at a local store instead of buying online, since my feet are kinda wonky.

Finally, is the Saberforge Fallen saber acceptable for a KotOR Revan build? http://www.saberforge.com/elite-sabers/fallen-saber/fallen-champion

Most switch out the MWA rings for clips, but when you look at the original game files, the rings are actually pretty accurate. 

DSRevan.jpg

The hood of the MWA is not a complete enclosed hood, and the bracers are velcro when the files show a solid, single bracer. 

It makes for a decent minimum requirement approval.

The majority use a Jack boot style black boot, though the files show a more squared off toe style. The latter is a bit more difficult to find, and it is not required to have the strap over the middle of the boot.

The lightsaber hilt you linked will work as the game file is very lacking in details and most rely on the Star Wars Encyclopedia entry for Darth Revan that features his hilt. 

Revan_saber.jpg

Thanks for the quick reply, Valkyria. 

Looking at my local roster and their photos, it seems that none of the local Revans have a completely enclosed hood, but it's something I'd definitely look into improving on the kit as time goes by. I'll see if any of my local army/navy surplus shops have a decent Jack boot that I can try out; if not, I'll check out online retailers, if necessary.

Yeah, it is a very common thing for the hoods not to be enclosed, though they should be. It's an issue I have had with MWA since the beginning, and even though I started with one, I completely replaced the parts for better accuracy. 

It has been approved many times (MWA holds the majority of approved Revans to date), though it isn't really accurate and many chose to make it more accurate down the line.

Good luck on the boots!

MWA recently has been placing clips at the top in place of the rings that were there previously (at least that's how mine was earlier this year).  He still had the key rings on the bottom half of the armor though, but those are an easy upgrade.

As for boots, these are the ones I use.  I find them extremely comfortable to wear, even on longer troops.

http://www.darkknightarmoury.com/showProduct.aspx?SEName=gothic-medieval-boots&ProductID=7332

Sweet, I think I'll go ahead and snag a pair and see how they work out for me. Thanks for the link.

MWA recently has been placing clips at the top in place of the rings that were there previously (at least that's how mine was earlier this year).  He still had the key rings on the bottom half of the armor though, but those are an easy upgrade.

I totally forgot about those rings when I wrote my response! Definitely replace those if you go the MWA route. The majority of people I have seen use the nickel-plated rings from tandy leather (myself included on my scratch build), size depending on what you prefer (I'm pretty sure mine are the 2" diameter ones), and then many attach them with a little black leather/leather-like strap to the underside of the ab and kidney plates. so that it looks like these here:

11255798_926554670729749_2191406783292249539_o.jpg

Edited by DarthValkyria

So my MWA kit will be shipping soon, and I've gotten my lightsaber from Saberforge, but now I'm hitting a major roadblock: boots.

Simply-put, my feet are freaking tiny. I bought the smallest-sized boots from the line blackrock recommended for me, and even with gel in-soles I wear all the time, those boots would fly off my feet if I took a step, and ended up having to return them and eat an RMA restock fee. Looking into replica German-styled jack boots, they're either way too expensive for what I can afford now, or will ship from China and take entirely too long with little chance of them fitting correctly, and return shipping would make it impossible to put together in time. My local army/navy surplus stores and regular shoe stores have yielded no results on boots that would work well for this kit, so I'm checking other online avenues for styles that could work without breaking the bank and ensuring I can have easy exchanges if they don't fit right.

Here is a brand that I'm looking at now: http://workboots.com/avenger-7847-wellington-ct-black?gclid=Cj0KEQiAkO7CBRDeqJ_ahuiPrtEBEiQAbYupJQg0NVzOoOGtL_jN0gKxeUT-ILvy2JDMVmWA3aMZ_4kaAsKJ8P8HAQ#/23104/440,653,5129/1?dl=b

Would these work to finalize a Revan kit?