• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Revan hood & cape question;

Darth Revan

I have been tinkering with the MWA costume I just got and can anyone break down the how to's? For instance I seem to be struggling on the hood fabric that goes inside/behind the chest plate. Any idea how you secure it? And the cape as well.. Thanks in advance!

Mine uses velcro to attach inside the chest plate. Normally my order is such: Hakima, Armor, Cloak, Hood. It can be a little awkward, but you can actually put on the whole thing solo with some practice. Mostly though I need someone to help adjust the hood once I've gotten everything else on to make sure it's straight even with the velcro piece in the hood to secure it to the mask.

Just had a custom much more accurate hood made. Can't stand the atrocity MWA came up with. His old hood was much more accurate.

I have broad shoulders and am 6 ft tall and weight 230, I lift weights when I'm off work so getting the current setup I have from MWA is like trying to squeeze into skinny jeans.... The chest and back piece/armor are cool but the silverfish ribbing sometimes pops out the side from the back piece. Wonder if that is cuz it needs to be snug front and back together to keep that in.

I use the Velcro system as well to secure the hood and wrap in place.  I attached Velcro to small squares of fabric and tacked the fabric facing outward so it meets the other half of the Velcro inside my chest armor.  I have photos of what I did for mine if you need it.

I changed the capelet attachment so that the straps reach up from inside the front chest armor and attach to the capelet instead of the other way around.  I shortened the capelet straps and attached D rings that I feed the long straps from the armor through.  I added Velcro to the backside of the straps to give me an extra securing. 

I created a thread for the capelet but I'm having trouble pasting the link here.  It's "Becoming Darth Revan Part VI:  Connecting the Cape Straps.  

I wonder if you're having a problem with the ribbing because it's sitting too low? 

Edited by L Kamino

On mine the hood the caplet are attached to the armor harness itself.  So I have a front and backplate that are attached to each other just with some nylon, and the hood and caplet are then attached to the front piece, tucked in and trimmed down.