• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Who *ARE* those guys???

Koda Vonnor

Guest Daritha

You didn't know them yet? o.O

Stumbled over the pics some time ago. There different sizes sou you could use them as wallpaper. I hope the images were made with permission of the depicted persons?

Guest Daritha

Looks awesome ... but always my Starkiller Recognition Stance? Its bad enough that Ahsoka have a similar (*don't like the brat ... just the character, not the costume®s*).

Tell: How's worked? Did they just email you with the request of using this specific photograph or how's happened?

When Rabbit Tooth first asked to use my Darth Bane image last year, he asked what credit I'd like.

I responded that the suit was still not finished but when it was I'd like the same credit that appears on all my served images; my web address + my name.

I was disappointed to see that did not manifest in the image he placed online.

Now in a related thread I see he's appropriated another image of mine, this tyme without attempt to contact me;

Gina as Bastila Shan with lighting fx's added;

DragonCon18113.jpg

Rabbit Tooth's revision;

1024BastilaShan.jpg

Star War's is a vast universe of inspiration to draw from. And many have contributed to its development. While it is understood the George Lucas started the vehicle, I find it caddy not to credit individual artists along the way.

To set the matter straight, I have just learned that Rabbit Tooth does credit both Bill as Kyle Kartan and myself as Darth Bane on his gallery (But not Gina as Bastilla). The credit appears disembodied from the images, tucked away at the very bottom of his main page.

While this fits with his word to credit the image, it does not travel with the images as used. Instead, the viewer is treated to his web addresses.

I'll not fault him for that, but if he's to use the work of other artists I feel the originating artist's credit must proceed any listing of his own. I bring this up here as a matter of discussion only.

Really, I need to address the wallpaper maker himself. I don't want to burn bridges, I just need to present this in a light he can understand.

Guest Daritha

Give me credit ... or give me the delete button.

I understand your POV. Oh, and I assume that Gina wasn't credited for her Bastila since the artist replaced her face with that of the German actress Nora Tschirner. I don't think that's how you should treat the people but netiquette's not everybody's business.

...I assume that Gina wasn't credited for her Bastila since the artist replaced her face with that of the German actress Nora Tschirner...

For his Rahm Kota wall, he replaced my head with that of Mr. Fredrickson the original actor, yet still credited me as the costume builder.

I'm thinking maybe laziness on his part.

~ Vonnor

Guest Daritha

I'm thinking maybe laziness on his part.

~ Vonnor

Then I'm not gonna say anything to this. For laziness: I'm sitting in the glasshouse and don't want to throw stones. ^^